Manli GF4TI4200 heatsink and fan

Old July 25th 05, 08:49 PM
Rica

Default Manli GF4TI4200 heatsink and fan

I have had this card for a while working just fine
but the fan just died out.
Does anyone know which replacement I can put on it,
meaning heatsink and fan.
Can't ask Manli as I can't even reach their web site.
Than you
Old July 25th 05, 09:04 PM
Chris

"Rica" wrote in message
I have had this card for a while working just fine
but the fan just died out.
Does anyone know which replacement I can put on it,
meaning heatsink and fan.
Can't ask Manli as I can't even reach their web site.
Than you

I know that Vantec did a replacement copper HSF fan assembly for the GF4Ti
line. I know because I have one in front of me! (unfortunately already with
someone's name on it). Its called the Vantec ICEBERQ4 Pro and fits
4200/4200-8x/4400/4600/4800 and 5600U. Runs from a molex connector and has
blue LED. For blue LED freaks. Do a search on eBay perhaps?

HTH

Chris

Old July 25th 05, 10:43 PM
Rica

Chris a écrit :
"Rica" wrote in message

I have had this card for a while working just fine
but the fan just died out.
Does anyone know which replacement I can put on it,
meaning heatsink and fan.
Can't ask Manli as I can't even reach their web site.
Than you

I know that Vantec did a replacement copper HSF fan assembly for the GF4Ti
line. I know because I have one in front of me! (unfortunately already with
someone's name on it). Its called the Vantec ICEBERQ4 Pro and fits
4200/4200-8x/4400/4600/4800 and 5600U. Runs from a molex connector and has
blue LED. For blue LED freaks. Do a search on eBay perhaps?

HTH

Chris

Thank u, I'll look into that
Old July 26th 05, 10:09 AM
Rica

Rica a écrit :
Chris a écrit :

"Rica" wrote in message

I have had this card for a while working just fine
but the fan just died out.
Does anyone know which replacement I can put on it,
meaning heatsink and fan.
Can't ask Manli as I can't even reach their web site.
Than you

I know that Vantec did a replacement copper HSF fan assembly for the
GF4Ti line. I know because I have one in front of me! (unfortunately
already with someone's name on it). Its called the Vantec ICEBERQ4
Pro and fits 4200/4200-8x/4400/4600/4800 and 5600U. Runs from a molex
connector and has blue LED. For blue LED freaks. Do a search on eBay
perhaps?

HTH

Chris

Thank u, I'll look into that

Looked into it and was about to buy one but
the problem is that it takes two pci slots
and I need the second one for my SB Live.
Is there something else that would fit ?
Thank u
Old July 26th 05, 08:24 PM
Chris

"Rica" wrote in message

Thank u, I'll look into that

Looked into it and was about to buy one but
the problem is that it takes two pci slots
and I need the second one for my SB Live.
Is there something else that would fit ?
Thank u

It certanly DOES NOT take up a second PCI slot. It is meant as a
replacement for the original HSF assembly. If your GF4Ti doesnt take up an
extra slot (and I don't believe any of them did) then removing your existing
HSF and fitting the vantec wont take up any extra room. You must have been
looking at some sort of heat pipe assembly!

This is one on ebay.co.uk

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WD1V

HTH some more!

Chris

Old July 27th 05, 09:34 PM
Rica

Chris a écrit :
"Rica" wrote in message

Thank u, I'll look into that

Looked into it and was about to buy one but
the problem is that it takes two pci slots
and I need the second one for my SB Live.
Is there something else that would fit ?
Thank u

It certanly DOES NOT take up a second PCI slot. It is meant as a
replacement for the original HSF assembly. If your GF4Ti doesnt take up an
extra slot (and I don't believe any of them did) then removing your existing
HSF and fitting the vantec wont take up any extra room. You must have been
looking at some sort of heat pipe assembly!

This is one on ebay.co.uk

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WD1V

HTH some more!

Chris

Thank you
Asked the girl if she could send me one to France as she ships only
to UK.
If not, will look for another one.