X800XT Aspect Ratio Scaling?

Old July 3rd 05, 08:36 AM
Paul Kelly

Default X800XT Aspect Ratio Scaling?

hi,
im a long time nVidia user (since tnt1!) but recently felt pretty
anoyed at how bad my fx5900 ultra performed in modern dx9 games. anyhow i
now have a radeon X800XT AGP running with a 3ghz p4, 875p 800fsb canterwood
mainboard and have seen a 4x speed increase for a relatively small amount
of money. The only one thing that the nvidia drivers had was fixed aspect
ratio scaling. modern LCD's that do 1280x1024 arent true 4:3 so games
running in any resolutiolns like 1024x768 look stretched vertically.

do the Catalyst drivers have a similar function?

A Happy X800XT user
Old July 4th 05, 10:33 AM
johns

A Happy X800XT user

Darn it, I want one. My 9800 is pegged out in Far Cry.
$330 ain't cheap.

johns