FX5600 vs. FX5700 and Ultra versions

Old November 24th 03, 08:06 AM
Jbob

Yep thanks

I'm pretty much an Asus fan. Only one board in the last 8 years hasn't been
one(a Tyan Super 7 board). I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna get a A7N8X
Deluxe. My system is a A7V333 running a Asus based GeForce4 TI 4400. It is
only a rev 1 board. Just popped in a XP 2400+. Been running a XP 1900+.
Still not sure which CPU I'm gonna get for the new board but it probably
won't be the 3200, at least initially. Never used ATI stuff except for
onboard systems in Dells(from Office).

"Darthy" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 10:04:19 -0600, "Jbob" wrote:

Well I'm building a new system for my son(gaming, FF11) and he is itching
for a 256 mb card. I told him he didn't really need it but was looking
anyway. I can't see popping for a top of the line Nividia chipset

either.
That's why I'm at the 5700. Maybe I'll look at the 5800's

PS: I forgot to tell you, if you're getting a NVIDIA board, yes MSI
makes excellent card with good low-noise fans...

This is based on PERSONAL EXPERINCES with GF4 and 5900

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Old November 25th 03, 10:27 AM
Darthy

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 01:06:42 -0600, "Jbob" wrote:

Yep thanks

I'm pretty much an Asus fan. Only one board in the last 8 years hasn't been
one(a Tyan Super 7 board). I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna get a A7N8X
Deluxe. My system is a A7V333 running a Asus based GeForce4 TI 4400. It is
only a rev 1 board. Just popped in a XP 2400+. Been running a XP 1900+.
Still not sure which CPU I'm gonna get for the new board but it probably
won't be the 3200, at least initially. Never used ATI stuff except for
onboard systems in Dells(from Office).

Unless you have problems, I wouldn't upgrade it to the A7N8x...

You're already running an AMD2400... a 2600~2800 will not add much
speed, I wouldn't find it justified.

Consider an NForce3 chipset board with an AMD64 next year... perhaps
even a BTX setup...

Old December 3rd 03, 02:20 AM
Jbob

Well I'm actually building a new system(gaming) for my son to replace the
Asus K7V/AMD 800 that he is running now.