Need help with picking a video card for Dimension 8200

Old May 12th 10, 10:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Larry[_6_]

Default Need help with picking a video card for Dimension 8200

Have a old dell dim8200 1.9mhz with a Nvidia geforce 3 ti 200 64mb winxp
sp3. Looking to upgrade to a better card,until i can get a new system.Not
much of a gamer.
Any help please.
Thankyou Larry
Old May 13th 10, 01:24 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
deimos[_2_]

On 5/12/2010 4:48 PM, Larry wrote:
Have a old dell dim8200 1.9mhz with a Nvidia geforce 3 ti 200 64mb winxp
sp3. Looking to upgrade to a better card,until i can get a new system.Not
much of a gamer.
Any help please.
Thankyou Larry

Normally if you ask for a recommendation but say you're not a gamer, I
would say don't upgrade; it won't do much good. But in this case
upgrading to any of the last generation AGP cards will also give you DVI
support and the ability to use newer widescreen panels with odd
resolutions. Also video acceleration can help since your CPU is fairly
weak P4.

Anything from the Geforce 6/7 AGP era will work fine. Even a used card.
But a more commonly available ATI card (HD 4650) is easier to find
(even retail), more advanced, runs cool/quiet and has support for video
acceleration.

You can find other brands of this same model in BestBuy, Fry's, etc.
NVIDIA stopped developing AGP boards after the 7600/7900GS.
Old May 13th 10, 05:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Benjamin Gawert

Am 12.05.2010 22:48, * Larry:
Have a old dell dim8200 1.9mhz with a Nvidia geforce 3 ti 200 64mb winxp
sp3. Looking to upgrade to a better card,until i can get a new system.Not
much of a gamer.

Forget upgrading as you won't see any benefit from it. Your computer is
now 8 years old, any money you invest is just a waste. You can get much
faster and newer computers on ebay for very little money.

Benjamin
Old May 15th 10, 05:42 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Larry[_6_]

Default To all

Larry wrote in
30:

Have a old dell dim8200 1.9mhz with a Nvidia geforce 3 ti 200 64mb
winxp sp3. Looking to upgrade to a better card,until i can get a new
system.Not much of a gamer.
Any help please.
Thankyou Larry

Thanks for the info!. I am going to get a new system ,but wainting to see
how Win7 does.Usually skip every other OS.
Thanks Larry
Old May 15th 10, 04:39 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
GMAN[_13_]

In article , Larry wrote:
Larry wrote in
. 130:

Have a old dell dim8200 1.9mhz with a Nvidia geforce 3 ti 200 64mb
winxp sp3. Looking to upgrade to a better card,until i can get a new
system.Not much of a gamer.
Any help please.
Thankyou Larry

Thanks for the info!. I am going to get a new system ,but wainting to see
how Win7 does.Usually skip every other OS.
Thanks Larry

You should have skipped Vista, 7 runs great.

Old May 15th 10, 05:22 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Tony Harding[_5_]

On 05/15/10 11:39, GMAN wrote:
In 7.130, wrote:
wrote in
30:

Have a old dell dim8200 1.9mhz with a Nvidia geforce 3 ti 200 64mb
winxp sp3. Looking to upgrade to a better card,until i can get a new
system.Not much of a gamer.
Any help please.
Thankyou Larry

Thanks for the info!. I am going to get a new system ,but wainting to see
how Win7 does.Usually skip every other OS.
Thanks Larry

You should have skipped Vista, 7 runs great.

I'll 2nd that, running Win 7 Pro on my XPS9000 since it was delivered
12/31/09! It's been quite stable for me & nowhere the PITA that Vista
was in the few days I diddled with it 3 years ago.