Monitor blank for 2-3 seconds when playing games

Old December 12th 05, 03:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Monitor blank for 2-3 seconds when playing games

Hi,
This has never happened before but recently, my computer screen turns
blank for 2 or 3 seconds whenever I'm playing games. This problem does
not occur when I am surfing the web or using Office. I've tried
reformatting my computer but the problem still persists. The problem
disappears if I am using a very low screen resolution, 640 X 800 which
is too low for gaming purposes.

Can anyone tell me a better solution? Is it a hardware problem or a
software problem?

Old December 12th 05, 03:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"eurest" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
This has never happened before but recently, my computer screen turns
blank for 2 or 3 seconds whenever I'm playing games. This problem does
not occur when I am surfing the web or using Office. I've tried
reformatting my computer but the problem still persists. The problem
disappears if I am using a very low screen resolution, 640 X 800 which
is too low for gaming purposes.

Can anyone tell me a better solution? Is it a hardware problem or a
software problem?

Your CPU is getting too hot. Check its temperature by playing the game and
exiting after playing a short while to use your mobo's temperature utility
(or reboot to look in the BIOS if it notes temperatures in there).

Could be your GPU (on your video card) is getting too hot. Is its fan
spinning?

Could be you overloaded your power supply so that it cannot provide the
juice needed when playing games.

Could be a driver problem. Have you downloaded the latest version from your
video card manufacturer's web site?

Could be the game you are playing. You never said if it happens in all
games (meaning you have more than one game) or it the problem exhibits
itself in just the one game.

Old December 12th 05, 11:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

ROFL - what utter ****.

--
Conor

"You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never seen
Star Trek? Good Lord!" - Patrick Stewart, Extras.
Old December 12th 05, 03:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Thanks a lot for your advice,

I have sent my computer to the shop and they said the same thing about
my computer overheating. I have thus decided to install more fans in
my computer

Old December 12th 05, 05:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Conor" wrote in message
In article , Vanguard says...
"eurest" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
This has never happened before but recently, my computer screen turns
blank for 2 or 3 seconds whenever I'm playing games. This problem does
not occur when I am surfing the web or using Office. I've tried
reformatting my computer but the problem still persists. The problem
disappears if I am using a very low screen resolution, 640 X 800 which
is too low for gaming purposes.

Can anyone tell me a better solution? Is it a hardware problem or a
software problem?

Your CPU is getting too hot.

ROFL - what utter ****.

I didn't bother to check WHICH brand of CPU is in the OP's box. If it is an
Intel, the Intel CPUs will throttle themselves (i.e., severely slowdown)
rather than just stop like the AMD processors (the Intel will eventually
stop if it continues to get too hot). That means the user might be playing
a game and the game freezes which could result in seeing a black/blank
screen.

No go wipe your ass, troll.