8800GT video problems

Old October 17th 08, 11:14 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Ruud van Gaal

Default 8800GT video problems

Hi,

With every new videocard, video behavior seems to be getting worse.
A customer of ours recently switched from a 7950GT to 8800GT. On the
7950, we could get video output ok; set a span and set the signal to
G-PAL. A reboot kept this setting.

On the 8800GT, video stayed black on each reboot until you switched from
G-PAL to ... G-PAL. ;-) So no video until you set it again (on a reboot).
I tried updating drivers (178.xx) and now setting video cannot be done
with a (Horizontal) Span desktop anymore; you need a separate view for
each monitor before any video controls come up at all (in nVidia Control
Panel). However, the problem remains; I can set a G-PAL output on the
2nd port, but on a reboot... black on video output until I set G-PAL again.

Anybody seen the same issue? I'm really beginning to think nVidia is
never going to get this working, I've seen so much video trouble
throughout the years it's beyond frustration; in fact I now tell
customers they cards can't do it (but the problem remains for the
current setup).

Thanks,
Ruud
Old November 21st 08, 05:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Beemer

"Ruud van Gaal" wrote in message
l.nl...
[...]

Ruud,

It has been a while since your post but may I ask. What do you mean by
G-Pal?

regards,

Beemer

Old November 23rd 08, 04:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus[_3_]

It has been a while since your post but may I ask. What do you mean by
G-Pal?

regards,

Beemer

He means G/PAL TV broadcast...
http://www.kolumbus.fi/pami1/video/pal_ntsc.html

8800GT question about LUT Beemer Nvidia Videocards 0 September 25th 08 10:37 AM
8800GT length dizzy Nvidia Videocards 10 January 25th 08 02:27 PM
8800GT and DX10.1 dizzy Nvidia Videocards 1 January 18th 08 03:51 AM
Nvidia 8800GT/GTS mcp6453[_2_] Nvidia Videocards 16 December 29th 07 05:16 PM
8800GT 512M Man-wai Chang ToDie Homebuilt PC's 1 December 14th 07 04:50 AM