9600 Sapphire S Video Tv out to 1080I

Old January 12th 09, 12:39 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
JKBK

Default 9600 Sapphire S Video Tv out to 1080I

Just moved and I`m trying to set up this old box to my TV using the S video
(for downloaded TV, pictures, that sort of thing) . I can get a pictue but
it rolls like the old VHS tracking. The TV supports 1080I but no mateer what
setting I try, the rolling continues. Any advice on getting this to work,
best driver, etc??
Thanks
Jeff

Old January 12th 09, 04:12 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
[email protected]

On Jan 11, 4:39*pm, "JKBK" wrote:
Just moved and I`m trying to set up this old box *to my TV using

the S video
(for downloaded TV, pictures, that sort of thing) . I can get a

pictue but
it rolls like the old VHS tracking. The TV supports 1080I but no

mateer what
setting I try, the rolling continues. Any advice on getting this to

work,
best driver, etc??
Thanks
Jeff

S-video is limited strictly to standard def 480i. Is 'S' video the
only option into the TV? I run a Jetway 9600XT into a Samsung DLP
using DVI but it looks nearly as good using VGA though the DVI is
preferable.

Bad dried out electrolytic capacitors in the TV or on the video card
could cause a low frequency loss that could lose vertical sync while
maintaining horizontal lock - the picture would 'roll'. You would need
somebody with an oscilloscope to check the 'Y' channel video out
(contains sync pulses) and if that is good, poke into the TV to find
the culprit. If you have another known good 'S' video source to run
into the TV, you could rule out the TV.