A8V de luxe, ethernet serious problems.

Old March 27th 05, 10:08 AM
Capitan_torpe

Default A8V de luxe, ethernet serious problems.

System crash, when ethernet trafic grows, in exemple if I start emule or
copy files from other PC in my net. But system works normaly when
I use Internet Explorer or Outoolk Express, Xnews, etc.
When system hangs, I only can press reset button, no Ctrl-Alt-Del works
or
system logs can be found.

System:
A8V de luxe R2.0 with BIOS 1009.
AMD 3500 64 bit
2 512MB sticks DDR400 in Dual-channel mode.
2 HD Maxtor 160 Gb. in RAID-0 at Promise controler
Asus V9570 Vga card
WinXp pro SP2 installed from a CD with SP2+Promise+Via drivers.

I tried:

- Monitoring CPU temperature with Asus PC Probe V2.23.03
- Disable ethernet motherboard conection from Bios
and punch a Intel PCI ethernet card. Problem continues.
- Installing drivers for AMD 64 from AMD web.
- Disable completely Windows firewall.
- Change this registry key:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip\Parameters]
adding
"TcpNumConnections"=dword:0077fffe

Please, any ideas is welcome...

Thanks
Old March 27th 05, 07:57 PM
Capitan_torpe

I found a new driver for integraded Ethernet adapter: Marvell Yukon
88E001/8003/8010 wich drivers version 7.21.1.3 (In Motherboard CD
drivers)
I installed new drivers from Marvell version 8.20.10.3 0(01/02/2005)
and ethernet works fine......

Thanks

"Capitan_torpe" escribio en
: