The 68000 is better than AMD crap

Old April 21st 04, 05:19 AM
Carl Dau

Default The 68000 is better than AMD crap

I think the AMIGA is still much better with its superior 68000 CPU ,
better than all the modern PC crap which only crashes and attracts
thousands of dangerous virus programs.
Old April 21st 04, 05:43 AM
Stacey

Carl Dau wrote:

I think the AMIGA is still much better with its superior 68000 CPU ,
better than all the modern PC crap which only crashes and attracts
thousands of dangerous virus programs.

Uh that's the software, the hardware doesn't crash. Try using something
besides "kiddie" software and you'll be happy.
--

Stacey
Old April 21st 04, 06:52 AM
Wes Newell

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 21:19:18 -0700, Carl Dau wrote:

I think the AMIGA is still much better with its superior 68000 CPU ,
better than all the modern PC crap which only crashes and attracts
thousands of dangerous virus programs.

Back when IBM came out with the 8088 piece of junk, the 68000 was far
superior. It was a 16/32bit cpu compared to the 8/16bit 8088 cpu. Had
a 24bit memory address for up to 16megs of ram whiile the Intel was
limited to 1meg, etc, etc. Yes, it should have been the CPU of choice
then. Probably cost several years in computing power to go with the old
8088. But today, it's just a memory. Get over it.

Old April 21st 04, 07:12 AM
Gregory Toomey

Carl Dau wrote:

I think the AMIGA is still much better with its superior 68000 CPU ,
better than all the modern PC crap which only crashes and attracts
thousands of dangerous virus programs.

The early Macintoshes used the 680000 & its successors.

At the time (late 70s), Intel had a very advanced cpu, the iapx 432. But it
had hardware bugs & was very expensive.

PC hardware is fine so long as you stay away from the amateurs at Microsoft.

gtoomey
Old April 21st 04, 09:17 AM
rstlne

I think the AMIGA is still much better with its superior 68000 CPU ,
better than all the modern PC crap which only crashes and attracts
thousands of dangerous virus programs.

Everyone else fed the troll today so I figgured I might as well too

*tosses a 68000 into fire*
*kisses a 2500+M*

I guess.. If your saying this in a legit way cause your ****ed.. Then it
means you dont know what your doing..
I mean.. If your going to complain about Thousands of Dangers Virus Programs
then I really dont see how that happens. I have never seen a good CD get
infected by a virus (tho I did have one that had growth on it once)

Old April 21st 04, 02:03 PM
Erez Volach

"Carl Dau" wrote in message
om...
I think the AMIGA is still much better with its superior 68000 CPU ,
better than all the modern PC crap which only crashes and attracts
thousands of dangerous virus programs.

What about the 68040 ? It was about the end of that product-line (before the
PowerPC 601 replaced it in MACs)
The 68000 was used in mac classic and mac SE, IIRC, not just the amiga's.
The OP's post reads like a classic troll, though

Old April 21st 04, 02:07 PM
Erez Volach

"rstlne" wrote in message
I think the AMIGA is still much better with its superior 68000 CPU ,
better than all the modern PC crap which only crashes and attracts
thousands of dangerous virus programs.

Everyone else fed the troll today so I figgured I might as well too
..

*tosses a 68000 into fire*
*kisses a 2500+M*

I guess.. If your saying this in a legit way cause your ****ed.. Then it
means you dont know what your doing..
I mean.. If your going to complain about Thousands of Dangers Virus

Programs
then I really dont see how that happens. I have never seen a good CD get
infected by a virus (tho I did have one that had growth on it once)

Growth on a CD ? maybe the manufacturer used plasticized PVC instead of PC
(polycarbonate) ?
BTW, PC is being pushed by alternatives (for CD/DVD + writeables)

Old April 21st 04, 06:34 PM
rstlne

Growth on a CD ? maybe the manufacturer used plasticized PVC instead of PC
(polycarbonate) ?
BTW, PC is being pushed by alternatives (for CD/DVD + writeables)

Not too sure.. I think it probably has more to do with my 2 & 3 year olds
grubby fingers going through the cd's .. Maybee food/oils/spit ..

I would love to dump cd/dvd's fully.. I know a move to solid state would be
expensive, but I think that dumping a dvd-r drive and replacing it with
"something else" would help..
Nothing like 5 million solid state devices coming online at once to make the
market move