USB PCI card no go. Kouwell brand okay? It'll have a different chipset to current 4 port USB PCI ali chipset

Old October 18th 05, 12:24 AM
Darren

Default USB PCI card no go. Kouwell brand okay? It'll have a different chipset to current 4 port USB PCI ali chipset

Hi and thanks

My kids' mobo is a GA-6VX7 with Celeron 433

I purchased a too cheap, ***ali chipset*** 4 port PCI USB card that Windows
sees but can
****only connect an USB mouse****. (I've seen others have this problem.)

Tried different slots and BIOS settings. ****Won't detect any other
peripheral****. Not even by swearing.

I thought I'd try a Kouwell USB PCI card, which has a different chipset,
***'VIA'***.

Any chipset better than another here? Or just give it a go?

Thanks

Darren

Old November 18th 05, 03:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

"Darren" wrote in message
Hi and thanks

My kids' mobo is a GA-6VX7 with Celeron 433

I purchased a too cheap, ***ali chipset*** 4 port PCI USB card that
Windows
sees but can
****only connect an USB mouse****. (I've seen others have this problem.)

Tried different slots and BIOS settings. ****Won't detect any other
peripheral****. Not even by swearing.

I thought I'd try a Kouwell USB PCI card, which has a different chipset,
***'VIA'***.

Any chipset better than another here? Or just give it a go?

Thanks

Darren

I just start use ALI 2+4 USB with 3.5 bay. Work superbly.

Anyway my other PC sometime SiS USB not work...can only solved it by pull
power cord off from power supply wait about 10 mins that long enough and
turn on all USB work superbly...miracle as i say....

Newbie: OC Advice: AMDXP2200 CPU Donald Bock Overclocking AMD Processors 2 March 12th 05 01:14 AM
On the brink of madness... I.C. Koets General 18 January 31st 05 11:49 PM
2 Port USB 2.0 PCI Card - Installation Query Mike General 0 October 4th 04 10:05 PM
Updrade PC Guy Smith General 22 August 15th 04 01:57 AM
fx 5200 sweet deal but will it work ? Skybuck Flying General 20 May 12th 04 05:31 PM