PB Monitor resolution prob

Old January 6th 05, 06:08 PM
John

Default PB Monitor resolution prob

Hi sorry if this is the wrong newsgroup,

I gave my dad my old computer a couple months ago to replace his old Packard
Bell one. I kept my monitor though, meaning that my dad was left with his
packard bell 1015. My problem is that though the montior manual says the
maximum resolution is 1024x768, I can only acheive 800x600. I have searched
all over the internet for a solution, trying different drivers etc but
nothing seems to work. Any1 know a solution?

Thanks in advance for any help

Scott

Old January 6th 05, 09:32 PM
Elector

"John" wrote in message
Hi sorry if this is the wrong newsgroup,

I gave my dad my old computer a couple months ago to replace his old
Packard
Bell one. I kept my monitor though, meaning that my dad was left
with his
packard bell 1015. My problem is that though the montior manual
says the
maximum resolution is 1024x768, I can only acheive 800x600. I have
searched
all over the internet for a solution, trying different drivers etc
but
nothing seems to work. Any1 know a solution?

Thanks in advance for any help

Scott

Scott the resolution or refresh rate of the monitor is dependent on
the "Video Card" if you have a on board video you would have to look
for an updated driver to achieve that size and resolution. Also if you
have a PCI Video card it will also need newer drivers and they can be
obtained via the manufacturer's web site. (ATI-Cirrus Logic-NVIDIA
etc)

I hope that helped?

Elector

Audio prob? AIW prob? pickle Ati Videocards 4 November 2nd 04 04:43 PM
hardware prob? steve General 1 February 26th 04 02:37 AM
prob when scanning photos SaxoBoy Scanners 2 December 22nd 03 02:06 PM
Monitor or video card prob? G. Parmelee Nvidia Videocards 3 November 3rd 03 03:14 PM
OT? installation prob? nibbles General 0 June 25th 03 11:48 AM