Problem with wireless in Asus a7v133 motherboard

Old November 25th 04, 10:00 AM
Kamizone

Default Problem with wireless in Asus a7v133 motherboard

Hi all.

I have a computer with an Asus a7v133 motherboard. Now I have bought a
3Com 11g Wireless to connect to ADSL and 2 wireless devices for
connecting to the router, an internal Wireless Turbo PCI US Robotics
and a USB wireless D-Link Airplus DWL-G122.

I have installed the 2 devices correctly in the computer and Windows
XP detects and configure them right. I have installed the latest
version drivers of these devices.

Then in Windows XP these devices detect right the 3Com wireless lan of
the router, it is showed in available wireless lan with a coberture of
100% (I don't connect the 2 devices simultaneously).

The problem is when I try to connect to the router... nothing is
happened, simply they don't connect to the router. I have tested it
with the Windows XP connection system and with the applications of the
devices, and the result is the same.

I have tried all. I have installed Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2,
I have checked the configuration with Sisoft Sandra and the Devices
Administrator of Windows XP, all devices are rightly congiturated,
nothing problem is detected. Even I have installed Windows 2000, and
the result is the same.

The question is I have installed the USB D-Link Airplus DWL-G122 in a
modern notebook with Windows XP Home and SP1 and this computer can
connect to the wireless lan without any problem (so the router is well
configurated), even I have could navigate by Internet.

So I have come to the conclusion that is a problem related to the
motherboard. It's impossible that the USB D-Link works perfectly in a
modern notebook and in my desktop computer neither wireless
dispositive can connect to the lan although all devices are well
detected and configurated in Windows XP, and the wireless lan is
correctly detected by the wireless devices (so it means that devices
are working well and are well configurated!).

Any idea? I don't know what can be happening. Anybody has the some
problem that me?

Regards.