Any issues with running WinXP Pro on the Abit BH6 rev1.0 mainboard?

Old October 18th 03, 03:03 AM
Francis

Default Any issues with running WinXP Pro on the Abit BH6 rev1.0 mainboard?

I have an Abit BH6 1.0 with latest bios rev.SS
I want to install Windows XP-Pro. Will I run into any hang-ups?
Here's the rest of my system specs:

PIII-600
256MB PC100 SDRAM, CL-2
ATI 9700 AGP card
Diamond Monster Sound MX300 soundcard (Aureal Votex-2 chipset)
160GB ATA-100 HD w/8MB cache (WD1600JB) on a Promise Ultra100 TX2, PCI
controller card
Samsung SM-352B CDRW/DVD-ROM drive
D-Link DFE-530TX+, PCI 10/100Mbps fast ethernet card
Motorola SB5100 SURFboard cable modem
Logitech Cordless MX-Duo Keyboard and Mx-700 mouse
Antec Case & Truepower 430W P.S.

I do not have any legacy ISA cards installed. Anyone running Windows XP-Pro
SP1 on this board?
My main concern is with the soundcard. I've upgraded the rest of my system,
but the sound card is out of date and Diamond multimedia is no longer in
business. I'm not sure if there is a WinXP driver for this card. Any
suggestions?

NFB_418

Old October 18th 03, 04:42 PM
S.Heenan

Francis wrote:
I have an Abit BH6 1.0 with latest bios rev.SS
I want to install Windows XP-Pro. Will I run into any hang-ups?
Here's the rest of my system specs:

256MB PC100 SDRAM, CL-2
Diamond Monster Sound MX300 soundcard (Aureal Votex-2 chipset)

You will likely want 512MB of RAM in total. The sound card may be a problem.
If all else fails, try Windows 2000 drivers.