Problem with 1394 Host Controller when Installing Win ME on KV7 - plzHelp!!

Old October 23rd 03, 05:18 AM

Default Problem with 1394 Host Controller when Installing Win ME on KV7 - plzHelp!!

Hi,
I have just put together a system, KV7, amd athlon xp 2000. My C drive
is 2 80 gig WD hard drives with serielle attachemnts in the Serial ata
raid 0 configuration. I have fresh installed windows ME twice now, and
both times during the installation the system shuts down and then
restarts unsepectedly, when it gets running I can see in control
pannel devices that the 1394 OHCI Host Controller is not working.
Windows says that the controller has crashed the system so windows has
disabled it. Updating the driver is no help. I dont know too much
about the host controller, but does this sound like a problem with the
board itself? Or could my configuration be causing it? Thanks
Old October 23rd 03, 06:00 AM
Spam Me Please

Several options and their probably more reasons:

1) Check to make sure this card can work with shared interrupts.
2) Move the card to another slot. If possible find a slot that is not
shared.
3) Does the card work? Try it in another computer?
4) Do you have the latest drivers for the card?

I sure there are other things you can try but this is a start.

Of course make a search on google.com in the groups section.

Good luck!

"X" == X writes:

X Hi, I have just put together a system, KV7, amd athlon xp 2000. My
X C drive is 2 80 gig WD hard drives with serielle attachemnts in
X the Serial ata raid 0 configuration. I have fresh installed
X windows ME twice now, and both times during the installation the
X system shuts down and then restarts unsepectedly, when it gets
X running I can see in control pannel devices that the 1394 OHCI
X Host Controller is not working. Windows says that the controller
X has crashed the system so windows has disabled it. Updating the
X driver is no help. I dont know too much about the host controller,
X but does this sound like a problem with the board itself? Or could
X my configuration be causing it? Thanks