NF7-S v2 and the occasional stutter

Old September 23rd 03, 07:38 PM
tHatDudeUK

Default NF7-S v2 and the occasional stutter

I am running on OC'd NF7-S v2.0 and get the occasional stutter? Should I
back off my FSB speed? Increase the chipset voltage?

Any ideas?

Old September 23rd 03, 10:08 PM
Skid

"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message
I am running on OC'd NF7-S v2.0 and get the occasional stutter? Should I
back off my FSB speed? Increase the chipset voltage?

Any ideas?

What's stuttering? If games, could be your video card or sound card acting
up. OC problems usually just free the system or cause a reboot.

Old September 24th 03, 01:19 PM
Skid

"Skid" wrote in message

What's stuttering? If games, could be your video card or sound card

acting
up. OC problems usually just free the system or cause a reboot.

I have a PCI digital TV card and the picture stops and sound distorts and
also the mouse slows down for a brief second. The OC is my guess unless

it's
something to do with that enhance PCI performance thing... (The cause

isn't
the digital TV card, it's been used in a lower specced machine fine.)

Possible, I guess. But you did lock the PCI bus speed, right? The overclock
would stress the cpu and ram, but not the PCI cards. Check the bios guide at
www.rojakpot.com for ideas, try changing PCI slots and
uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers. Disable any apps running in the
background as a test, and disable the sound card temporarily to see if that
makes a difference -- Creative cards are known to hog the PCI bus and cause
stutter in some apps and games.

Old September 24th 03, 10:41 PM
dr_hardwrae

"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message
I am running on OC'd NF7-S v2.0 and get the occasional stutter? Should I
back off my FSB speed? Increase the chipset voltage?

Any ideas?

Pretty simple...run it at default speed. If it doesn't 'stutter', the
overclock is the problem...if it still 'stutters', it's probably a
background program or the system is slowing down when the disk drive is
being accessed.

Old September 28th 03, 10:22 PM
estravagancia

a PCI TV card? and probably Norton Antivirus
Disable in Norton the messenger. (sorry for my english, i'm spanish)
Norton Antivirus-Options-Instant Messages---DISABLE MSN
try it! I have this mobo too, and my tbred 1700+ is at 205MHz 205*10 410FSB
; ) and I have a PCTV that had the same problem. : )

"tHatDudeUK" escribió en el
mensaje ...

Old September 29th 03, 04:20 AM
tHatDudeUK

"estravagancia" wrote in message
a PCI TV card? and probably Norton Antivirus
Disable in Norton the messenger. (sorry for my english, i'm spanish)
Norton Antivirus-Options-Instant Messages---DISABLE MSN
try it! I have this mobo too, and my tbred 1700+ is at 205MHz 205*10

410FSB
; ) and I have a PCTV that had the same problem. : )

I gave up Norton. I now use NOD32 which runs much faster. It's a digital TV
card which merely passes an MPEG2 datastream over the PCI bus which can be
nice for recording as you simply rip the MPEG stream out of the air and onto
your hard disk.

You obviously have one of those nice overclockable 1700+ which everyone
raved about recently whereas I got one of the old 2200's which is a crap
overclocker.