Video Issues Examples (Pictures)

Old October 3rd 11, 04:05 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Monica

Default Video Issues Examples (Pictures)

My XP computer wears Nike athletic/running shoes. My Win 7 machine tries to
achieve the same level of greatness in a pair of Kate Spade high
heels...just not gonna happen, but, it looks good trying!

"Dan Wenz" wrote in message ...

On 10/2/2011 12:24 PM, Christopher Muto wrote:

sure you can blame it on 'new stuff', but you can also choose to learn
about the new stuff and benefit from it. aero glass (and more
importantly aero peek) is just about the only interesting feature of
windows 7. if you don't want to use or learn about it then you can turn
it off. but if you turn it off then you might as well still be using xp.

So, the only difference between Win7 and XP is the Aero feature?

Old October 3rd 11, 04:53 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Monica

I understood what you meant.
I'm running two computers right now. The XPS 420 with a compromised hdd and
my XPS 8300 i7 w/ 12GB of RAM (we all know XP can only use 3GB). The
difference is quite noticeable. I think some (but not all) of it is a
perception thing due to the way Windows 7 opens and closes windows...7
glides or slides open and close while XP windows snap open and close.
That's probably not a good analogy.

"Christopher Muto" wrote in message

sounds like you have misunderstood my comment that if someone is going
to turn off aero in windows 7 they might as well use xp. that is not a
slight to xp.

Old October 4th 11, 05:12 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Monica

So does anyone have any ideas as to why the shading isn't smooth? Color
depth is 32-bit. I thought that was a big deal with these expensive
graphics cards.

"Christopher Muto" wrote in message
t...

On 10/2/2011 5:10 AM, BillW50 wrote:
In ,
Monica wrote:
I've added another screen display abnormality. It looks like rays of
sunshine Also, I've narrowed it down, at this point, to using the
Windows 7 show desktop/Peek @ Desktop option in the far right corner
of the taskbar.
Does anyone else have display issues when using this feature? But,
this doesn't explain the lines where there should be a gradual
shading effect.
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/...-Example-3.jpg

"Monica" wrote in message ...

I have XPS 8300/i7 2600/12GB RAM and a Radeon 6870 video card.
Monitor is a Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 23" HD Monitor with LED
Not terribly impressed with my videos but that's another thread.
With the video card I have, should I be seeing residual window
outlines and definite lines in shading? This is a new system.

sample 2 suggests that the color depth on the video card is set rather
low, hence the choppy color transition rather than a smooth one. try a
higher color depth setting in display properties

Old October 21st 11, 06:33 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
kenny1209

I have the exact same issue and some what dissapointed. I have updated
the AMD ATI drivers but it had no effect. I will play around with the
settings a bit more tomorrow and see if I can fix this. The Video card
is good and so is the screen - not sure what the issue it.