Asus P5A mobo ram question

Old February 12th 04, 05:31 PM
Bill Case

Default Asus P5A mobo ram question

Hi,
I need to add some ram to my p5a. Currently it has pc100 in it.
Questions:
+ can I use a pc133 stick without creating a problem?
+ where can I get a new or used 128 meg stick at the least price? The VIA
chipset stuff is cheap but the ALI isn't.

Thanks, BC

Old February 13th 04, 07:00 AM
Joe101

PC 133 will work fine, it's just better memory then what you need and will
respond to 133MHz. PC 133 in the Corsair Value Select brand is probably
less expensive than PC-100 today (supply and demand pricing issue). Be
advised that mixing types can be a problatic...if you do mix, set BIOS to
most conservative setting, or better yet rum memtest89 (search Google). If
you have 64 meg and say want to add 256Meg, just discard the 64Meg to be on
the safe side. 256Megs should be around $57. Try www.spartantech.com I
am not afilliated with them, but just started buying all my stuff from them,
good price and honest. While you are at it....... an AMD K6/2-500 is only
$14....I plan to upgrade my 400Mhz to 500Mhz for 25% increase in speed only
$14, not bad

ink.net...