Connector between power switch, reset switch, LEDs, speaker and Micro ATX mobo

Old February 17th 04, 02:40 PM
Clive Long,UK

Default Connector between power switch, reset switch, LEDs, speaker and Micro ATX mobo

Hello

I have bought a new (cheap) micro ATX mobo with Athlon/ Duron and
DDR memory. All the connectors on the mobo seem standard to me. I am
(trying to) reuse the existing case to keep costs down.

The problem is the cable / connector from the Speaker and the
various power switches and the LEDs to the new micro-ATX mobo.

The old proprietory Mobo connected the following way. The speaker
lead terminates in a "four by one hole" socket. The lead from the
power and reset switch terminates in a "six by one hole" socket. Now
these two sockets used to attach to a single (9 x 1) plug. This 9 x 1
plug is on another lead connected via 4 + 5 wires terminating at the
other end in a single socket. This "far end" used to plug directly
into the old, proprietory motherboard. In summary, two leads into a
single adapter lead into the old mobo.

Now the "far end" socket is not standard fitting for a micro ATX.
I can isolate the (4 x 1) lead from the speaker and plug this directly
into the ATX mobo. The problem is with the 6 x 1 socket. I need an
adapter to convert to a standard 5 x 2 socket that will plug into the
pins on the ATX motherboard that will control / affect the power
switch / reset switch / Disk LED etc.

Is there such a "conversion lead"? Can I make one up for under a
fiver and under one hour's work?

Thanks

Clive
Old February 17th 04, 03:41 PM
Gary Tait

On 17 Feb 2004 05:40:52 -0800, (Clive Long,UK)
wrote:

[...]

Just get an appropriate shell and move the sockets from one to the
other.
Old February 23rd 04, 12:01 AM
Clive Long,UK

Update

I used a pin to free the wires and their crimped-on connectors from
the plastic socket.

I then traced the cables from the switch and the LEDs to the
appropriate pins on the mother board.

I had to reverse the connections for the LEDs and now I have a working

Power switch
Reset switch
Power LED
HDD LED