Biostar M7NCD

Old September 29th 04, 02:33 PM
Dalgibbard

Default Biostar M7NCD

Does anyone have any reason why my M7NCD mobo is putting my fsb at 200 when
ive got a athlonxp3200? its a 400 fsb board without the 400 fsb option?? i
dont get it lol

Dalgibbard.

Old September 29th 04, 04:45 PM
Wes Newell

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:33:01 +0000, Dalgibbard wrote:

Does anyone have any reason why my M7NCD mobo is putting my fsb at 200 when
ive got a athlonxp3200? its a 400 fsb board without the 400 fsb option?? i
dont get it lol

Because the FSB is supposed to be 200MHz, not 400MHz. See The Real Front
Side Bus in link below.

Old September 30th 04, 12:10 AM
Krutibas Biswal

I have a BioStar M7NCD and I am running it with AMD 3200+ XP,
ATI Radeon 9250 SE and PC3200 DDR 512MB for two weeks now.
So far no problems.

I also tried to overclock it using the utility

http://www.cpuid.com/clockgen.php

It seemed to work for a while @210 and then crashed. I will
run more expts soon

-KB
Old September 30th 04, 10:37 AM
Dalgibbard

Yea ive tweaked it about a bit- but the basic level M7NCD (not the pro or
ultra versions) don't allow voltage changes- so stability was an issue for
me too- i managed to get it from 2200mhz to about 2400mhz without voltage
clocking but it wasnt too happy lol
Dalgibbard.

om...

Old September 30th 04, 11:11 AM
Gareth Tuckwell

To achieve a FSB speed of 400, the clock is set to 200Mhz This is doubled to
get the FSB figure. As in DDR memory - "Double Data Rate", the FSB sends 2
signals for each clock tick, therefore FSB 400 is achieved at 200MHz.

.uk...

Old September 30th 04, 05:34 PM
Wes Newell

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:37:51 +0000, Dalgibbard wrote:

Yea ive tweaked it about a bit- but the basic level M7NCD (not the pro or
ultra versions) don't allow voltage changes- so stability was an issue for
me too- i managed to get it from 2200mhz to about 2400mhz without voltage
clocking but it wasnt too happy lol
Dalgibbard.

Using the pinmod would only take 1 wire to get 1.85v, 2 wires for 1.75v,
and with 3 you can get about all you want.

http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/ht...md_pinmod.html