Easy CD Creator problem: thinks CD-R's are CD-RW's - Help, please!

Old June 6th 04, 12:39 PM
PianoLuver

Default Easy CD Creator problem: thinks CD-R's are CD-RW's - Help, please!

For several years I've used Easy CD Creator Deluxe 4.02 on a Win98
system. A problem has come up recently - when I try to burn an audio
CD-R, it thinks the CD-R is a CD-RW, so I'm unable to make audio CD's.

I've uninstalled all three Adaptec programs that came with it: Easy CD
Creator, Direct CD, and Take Two. Then I've reinstalled Easy CD
Creator, but the problem persists.

Any idea why Easy CD Creator thinks my CD-R is a CD-RW, and how to fix
it?

Can someone please help?
Old June 6th 04, 02:25 PM
MrB

"PianoLuver" wrote in message
For several years I've used Easy CD Creator Deluxe 4.02 on a Win98
system. A problem has come up recently - when I try to burn an audio
CD-R, it thinks the CD-R is a CD-RW, so I'm unable to make audio CD's.

I've uninstalled all three Adaptec programs that came with it: Easy CD
Creator, Direct CD, and Take Two. Then I've reinstalled Easy CD
Creator, but the problem persists.

Any idea why Easy CD Creator thinks my CD-R is a CD-RW, and how to fix
it?

Can someone please help?

Did you go to the Roxio website and check for updates? Seems like there were
many available for that version.
http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc...pdatesv4.jhtml

Old June 6th 04, 07:00 PM
PianoLuver

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 06:25:29 -0700, "MrB" wrote:

"PianoLuver" wrote in message
.. .
For several years I've used Easy CD Creator Deluxe 4.02 on a Win98
system. A problem has come up recently - when I try to burn an audio
CD-R, it thinks the CD-R is a CD-RW, so I'm unable to make audio CD's.

I've uninstalled all three Adaptec programs that came with it: Easy CD
Creator, Direct CD, and Take Two. Then I've reinstalled Easy CD
Creator, but the problem persists.

Any idea why Easy CD Creator thinks my CD-R is a CD-RW, and how to fix
it?

Can someone please help?

Did you go to the Roxio website and check for updates? Seems like there were
many available for that version.
http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc...pdatesv4.jhtml

Yes, but for some reason the Roxio site does not recognize my TSID
number, saying that it's "not in their database". I've sent them a
request for help with the TSID problem, but who knows how long they'll
take to respond. BTW, my TSID number is valid, even though they don't
recognize it, because it is on the original Easy CDCreator box, as
well as on materials inside the box, plus it can be found under
Help/About CD Creator. Why Roxio doesn't recognize it is beyond me.
This series of problems is Very frustrating.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old June 6th 04, 07:39 PM
PianoLuver

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 18:00:51 GMT, PianoLuver wrote:

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 06:25:29 -0700, "MrB" wrote:

"PianoLuver" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

After posting that, I went to the Roxio web page that you suggested,
and even though last night Roxio wouldn't recognize my TSID#, the
download for updates to both Easy CDCreator Deluxe and DirectCD
worked. I successfully updated both programs, so that now my Easy CD
Creator Deluxe is now version 4.05 and DirectCD is version 3.05.

Unfortunately, the problem persists. Both programs think that the CD-R
in my drive is a CD-RW.

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Old June 6th 04, 07:50 PM
smh

.. -------------------------------------------
how HUGE are your BALLS, Adrian Miller?
Only a trashy company like Roxio or Adaptec
let loosed in Usenet this utter trash
Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR
-----------------------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
----------------------

PianoLuver wrote:
"MrB" wrote:
"PianoLuver" wrote...
[...]

Search for this:
ecdc_v405_up.exe
Old June 6th 04, 08:23 PM
smh

.. -------------------------------------------

PianoLuver wrote:
[...]

Try uninstall all cRoxio POS, delete program directories, then run
RoxiZap:
http://softwareupdates.roxio.com/gm/...ls/roxizap.exe

Install 4.02 and then - without reboot - update to 4.05.
Old June 6th 04, 08:45 PM
Mike Richter

PianoLuver wrote:

For several years I've used Easy CD Creator Deluxe 4.02 on a Win98
system. A problem has come up recently - when I try to burn an audio
CD-R, it thinks the CD-R is a CD-RW, so I'm unable to make audio CD's.

I've uninstalled all three Adaptec programs that came with it: Easy CD
Creator, Direct CD, and Take Two. Then I've reinstalled Easy CD
Creator, but the problem persists.

Any idea why Easy CD Creator thinks my CD-R is a CD-RW, and how to fix
it?

Can someone please help?

1. It may sound absurd, but have you verified that the blanks are not
erasable? I don't mean what the package says but what the properties are
when checked with another program or even with CD Information.

2. Is there a chance that you have formatted the disc? In that case,
ECDC will reject it for audio (audio must be mastered). Of course,
ECDC's error message will help on that.

3. There's no problem mastering audio to an erasable (CD-RW), though
there may be in playing it back on some drives. ECDC 4 does not object
to such an attempt.

In short, I believe you are misstating the problem. If so, would you
please supply the error message; help may follow.

I'm sorry if this reply seems insulting - but it was your choice to ask
the universe, so the reply goes to the universe.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old June 7th 04, 12:53 AM
PianoLuver

. -------------------------------------------

PianoLuver wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the suggestion. Before trying it, please tell me what are
"cRoxio POS"?

And what exactly is RoxiZap? I've just downloaded it per your
suggestion, but would like to know more about what exactly your
suggestion is going to do, before trying it.
Old June 7th 04, 12:57 AM
PianoLuver

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 12:45:57 -0700, Mike Richter
wrote:

PianoLuver wrote:

For several years I've used Easy CD Creator Deluxe 4.02 on a Win98
system. A problem has come up recently - when I try to burn an audio
CD-R, it thinks the CD-R is a CD-RW, so I'm unable to make audio CD's.

I've uninstalled all three Adaptec programs that came with it: Easy CD
Creator, Direct CD, and Take Two. Then I've reinstalled Easy CD
Creator, but the problem persists.

Any idea why Easy CD Creator thinks my CD-R is a CD-RW, and how to fix
it?

Can someone please help?

1. It may sound absurd, but have you verified that the blanks are not
erasable? I don't mean what the package says but what the properties are
when checked with another program or even with CD Information.

I have tried both Maxell and Memorex CD-R's with the same results.

2. Is there a chance that you have formatted the disc? In that case,
ECDC will reject it for audio (audio must be mastered). Of course,
ECDC's error message will help on that.

I have not formatted the disks.

3. There's no problem mastering audio to an erasable (CD-RW), though
there may be in playing it back on some drives. ECDC 4 does not object
to such an attempt.

In short, I believe you are misstating the problem. If so, would you
please supply the error message; help may follow.

Thanks, Mike, for your help. Here's more detailed info, including the
error message:

When I highlight the drive and right-click on it and select
Properties/General it says ""Type: CD-ReWritable Disc" and "File
system: CDBLANK".

Under Properties/Settings/Media Type: "Blank CD-RW disc. This disc can
be formatted for read and write access."

Under Properties/DirectCD Wizard/Eject options: (CD-R disc only), the
two options are greyed out, probably because it thinks the disk is a
CD-RW, not a CD-R.

When trying to burn a CD-R in Easy Creator CD Deluxe 4.05, the error
message says:

Compatability Warning
The CD in your CD-Recorder is a CD-RW (rewritable) CD.
CD-RW CDs may not be played on home or car stereos.
Old June 7th 04, 01:31 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have proof of misquotes !!! )

PianoLuver wrote:
smh wrote:
PianoLuver wrote:
[...]

What rhymes like "Croxio"?

Piece Of ****, aka Easy CD Coaster Creator, Easy CD Cremator.

And what exactly is RoxiZap? I've just downloaded it per your
suggestion, but would like to know more about what exactly your
suggestion is going to do, before trying it.

It supposedly cleans out cRoxio junk still left behind after Add/Remove,
but most importantly, it supposedly cleans out the registry entries.