norton AV2005 problem

Old November 28th 04, 03:13 PM
Christo

Default norton AV2005 problem

cant think of another group to post this in

i installed a cracked version of norton anti virus 2005

it started playing up so i uninstalled an re installed, it was still playing
up so i tried to uninstall again

the uninstall program encountered a problem mid uninstallation and shut down

so i figured i would delete the registry values and delete the files from
the folder and in control panl i would be able to try to remove and it would
say "file not found" and then delete the norton AV icon from the list

however it doesn't it says the following something the file being missing
and then after that it says drivers have been marked for detection

how can i get rid of it?

Would installing a valid copy of Norton AV2003 pro work and allow me to un
install norton 2005?

i have tired installing norton 05 again and i get an error whilst installing

the norton files are still loading at start up so i cant think whats going
on?

any help please? i would much appreciate it

Old November 28th 04, 03:23 PM
Noozer

"Christo" wrote in message
cant think of another group to post this in

How about calling Symantec?

i installed a cracked version of norton anti virus 2005

You mean infected?

it started playing up so i uninstalled an re installed, it was still

playing
up so i tried to uninstall again

how can i get rid of it?

Why not pay for the program and then install it? Call Symantec if you can't
make it work.

....or better yet, ask in a software newsgroup - unless NAV comes as hardware
now.

(Hrm... PCI card based AV/firewall solution??? Just need some flash memory
to hold defs... )

Old November 28th 04, 03:58 PM
Christo

"Noozer" wrote in message

"Christo" wrote in message
cant think of another group to post this in

How about calling Symantec?

i installed a cracked version of norton anti virus 2005

You mean infected?

it started playing up so i uninstalled an re installed, it was still

playing
up so i tried to uninstall again

how can i get rid of it?

Why not pay for the program and then install it? Call Symantec if you
can't
make it work.

...or better yet, ask in a software newsgroup - unless NAV comes as
hardware
now.

(Hrm... PCI card based AV/firewall solution??? Just need some flash memory
to hold defs... )

no i mean cracked downloaded from suprnova.org

i couldn't think of any other groups, the software groups are specific, and
on my news server there is only software-antivirus.sophos or something

I cant call symantec because the product is copied/cracked/hacked or
whatever and i dont have the CD just an ISO image

thats why i posted here, because i know alot of people that post here are
quizzed up sort of people that dont mind helping people out, unlike most of
the XP groups which are flooded with linix junkies trolling them to oblivion

thought someone might be able to help

Old November 28th 04, 04:19 PM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

"Christo" wrote in message
[...]

Why on *earth* would /anyone/ want to help a thief?!

on salads.

Old November 28th 04, 05:15 PM
Christo

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote in message

"Christo" wrote in message
[...]

ah why on earth would you want to pay 30 quid on something (which isnt that
much really but even so) when you can get it for nothing somewhere else,
also the product expires within a year, so you have to keep spending £30
over and over, big corporations suck it is a joke.

it works now though so im ok, i re installed it after doing a system
restore.

and please dont try to spark an argument off by calling me a thief yes i
might be a thief but at least im not a troll

Old November 28th 04, 08:45 PM
kony

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 15:13:02 -0000, "Christo"
wrote:

cant think of another group to post this in

i installed a cracked version of norton anti virus 2005

it started playing up so i uninstalled an re installed, it was still playing
up so i tried to uninstall again

the uninstall program encountered a problem mid uninstallation and shut down

so i figured i would delete the registry values and delete the files from
the folder and in control panl i would be able to try to remove and it would
say "file not found" and then delete the norton AV icon from the list

however it doesn't it says the following something the file being missing
and then after that it says drivers have been marked for detection

how can i get rid of it?

Get rid of it by deleting the rest of the registry entries.

Using buggy/failed-install/reg-edited/cracked/
warez/Norton/AV2005 is just wrong on SO many different
levels. There ARE free AV programs. These days there are
freeware or inexpensive alternatives for many different
needs, the number 1 anti-virus measure might be avoiding
these "alternate" software sources altogether.
Old November 28th 04, 11:20 PM
Noozer

i installed a cracked version of norton anti virus 2005

You mean infected?

no i mean cracked downloaded from suprnova.org

That's what I said... INFECTED.

There's LOTS of fake warez out there that installs nicely and seems OK, then
BOOM! Starts killing files, etc...

I cant call symantec because the product is copied/cracked/hacked or
whatever and i dont have the CD just an ISO image

If you can't bothered to pay for the software, why do you think anyone can
be bothered to help?

thats why i posted here, because i know alot of people that post here are
quizzed up sort of people that dont mind helping people out, unlike most

of
the XP groups which are flooded with linix junkies trolling them to

oblivion

thought someone might be able to help

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but if you can't steal a stereo out of a
car, do you ask a passerby for help?

Old November 28th 04, 11:56 PM
Clob

wrote:

[...]

[Sarcasm]

OMG OMG OMG!!! I downloaded a copy of Doom 3 from suprnova.org and it wont
let me play on multiplayer!!! Can some one help me rip off ID Software some
more so I can get free play?!?!?!

[/Sarcasm]

Old November 29th 04, 02:20 AM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

"Christo" wrote in message
[...]

I'm calling you what you are - if you don't like it, maybe you shouldn't
steal...

Are you saying I'm a troll? Do you even know what a troll is...?

I'd explain to you why you're not stealing from the people with all the
money in these big corporations, but it would go *WAY* over your head...

I don't use NAV (I'd like my OS to stay unbroken) I use AVG, which is free
(well I paid £25 for 3 years of updates and TS).

I calls it as I sees it - and you're a thief.
on salads.

Old November 29th 04, 03:44 AM
Trent©

wrote:

[...]

And MUCH better!! lol

Have a nice one...

Trent

Spyware problem Bruce General 10 October 12th 04 08:26 PM
Alternatives to Norton Internet Security (HELP!) Johnny Canuck General 14 September 24th 04 01:56 AM
This problem has baffled everyone... Nick G General 46 May 22nd 04 04:01 AM
Sound card problem Phileas General 10 May 9th 04 10:55 PM
Freezing, lock up, unresponsive problem. James General 5 September 5th 03 02:54 PM