DriveImage ver6 with dualboot environment

Old May 13th 04, 08:26 PM
Nice4

Default DriveImage ver6 with dualboot environment

Newly installed DriveImage 2002 (ver 6) on my PC - dualboot c: w2k and
f: xp. It works great so far with both w2k and xp but my concern is...

- Product claimed that this DI ver6 is not for w2k and xp, rather it
was for me and/or win98se or older versions. However it work with both
w2k and xp, is there are any hidden thing that I have missed ?
- People claimed ver7 has bug and not as handy as ver6. so not a
option.

- I have installed a copy under w2k, and also another copy under xp,
totally separatory. Does this necessary ?...
1) I can create image of c:, and later I can create image of my f: on
seperated occasion. I can do restore these images as per my backup
approach. They works. So I really don't need another copy under xp,
what the draw back is I have always backup image via w2k os instead.

2) I do c: from my w2k os and reboot to xp, then do the xp image under
xp on its own, the restore approach will also the same as how I create
the images, however this seems have problems since I am not sure what
the hell that xp depends on information on c: (ie. boot.ini....). At
once after I restored my w2k back to c:, I have lost my xp on f:, I
mean I can no longer see xp anymore, this is scarcely.

So what is the best practical approach with this scenario please ?
Thanks