DVD Region Code

Old July 5th 04, 10:54 AM
Gary Travers

Default DVD Region Code

I have a 8300 with a DVD burner and after a month, I decided to use
the burner however it is asking me to change the Region Code as my
current region code is blank. How do I change the code to 4 for
Australia. I cant seem to find this anywhere and Dell have byet to
reply to my emails (2). Sorry if this is a dumb arse question.

Gary Travers
Old July 5th 04, 02:03 PM
PC Medic

"Gary Travers" wrote in message
I have a 8300 with a DVD burner and after a month, I decided to use
the burner however it is asking me to change the Region Code as my
current region code is blank. How do I change the code to 4 for
Australia. I cant seem to find this anywhere and Dell have byet to
reply to my emails (2). Sorry if this is a dumb arse question.

It is done in Device Manager.
You need to 'right-click' on the dvd-drive entry in Dev. Mgr and then select
'Properties'.
When the properties window opens you will see several tabs at the top, click
on 'DVD-Region'
Select your region from the list and click Apply.

Old July 6th 04, 02:38 PM
GaryT

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 09:03:27 -0400, "PC Medic" wrote:

"Gary Travers" wrote in message
.. .
I have a 8300 with a DVD burner and after a month, I decided to use
the burner however it is asking me to change the Region Code as my
current region code is blank. How do I change the code to 4 for
Australia. I cant seem to find this anywhere and Dell have byet to
reply to my emails (2). Sorry if this is a dumb arse question.

It is done in Device Manager.
You need to 'right-click' on the dvd-drive entry in Dev. Mgr and then select
'Properties'.
When the properties window opens you will see several tabs at the top, click
on 'DVD-Region'
Select your region from the list and click Apply.

Thanks PC Medic, works a charm.

Gary Travis

Old July 6th 04, 03:34 PM
John J. Burness

GaryT wrote:
On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 09:03:27 -0400, "PC Medic" wrote:

"Gary Travers" wrote in message
. ..

I have a 8300 with a DVD burner and after a month, I decided to use
the burner however it is asking me to change the Region Code as my
current region code is blank. How do I change the code to 4 for
Australia. I cant seem to find this anywhere and Dell have byet to
reply to my emails (2). Sorry if this is a dumb arse question.

It is done in Device Manager.
You need to 'right-click' on the dvd-drive entry in Dev. Mgr and then select
'Properties'.
When the properties window opens you will see several tabs at the top, click
on 'DVD-Region'
Select your region from the list and click Apply.

Thanks PC Medic, works a charm.

Gary Travis

Just a minor comment!!!

Make sure that you do NOT make too many changes to this setting!! There
is a limit on the number of changes that you can make!!

I think it is a total of 5 & you have already used up 1 life!!

Obviously, if you are going to stick with DVDs solely for your own
region, then you will not need to make any more changes & the above
comment is not relevant!!

Regards,
John
Old July 7th 04, 01:50 AM
JLP20

Before you use your second "life", be aware that there is a setting of "0"
which allows all regions to be played on the DVD player. It may not show up and
you may not be able to enter it, but it does exist.
"Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot" JLP20
Old July 7th 04, 02:33 AM
Louie T Lizard

Maybe OT, but you might want to look at this site:

http://www.etplanet.com/download/dvdtools.shtm

Louie
Gainesville, FL, US

"JLP20" wrote in message
Before you use your second "life", be aware that there is a setting of "0"
which allows all regions to be played on the DVD player. It may not show

up and
you may not be able to enter it, but it does exist.
"Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot" JLP20

---

Is this decent? 1411 Homebuilt PC's 5 February 25th 05 08:19 PM
Asus A7N8X-X and AMD Athlon XP 3200+ Information Scavenger Asus Motherboards 30 November 9th 04 09:30 PM
Need advise on choosing Maxtors Wooducoodu Homebuilt PC's 43 October 6th 04 03:02 PM
Update on Athlon 2600 Ghz discrepancy David Simmons Overclocking AMD Processors 7 August 27th 04 08:56 PM
Update on Athlon 2600 XP problem David Simmons Asus Motherboards 3 August 27th 04 03:52 AM