M/B info

Old November 26th 03, 04:11 AM
hu man

Default M/B info

I have a Compaq Deskpro. I am looking to upgrade it. Where can I find info
on the mobo. I Googled the model number and it came up as Dolphin
Enterprise, but I couldn't get any info there. Also, how do I get into the
BIOS? It is running Win95 and I get the Compaq splash screen and I tried the
delete and the F2 keys. Any info would be greatly appreciated. TIA
hu man

Old November 26th 03, 01:23 PM

hu man wrote:
I have a Compaq Deskpro. I am looking to upgrade it. Where can I find info
on the mobo. I Googled the model number and it came up as Dolphin
Enterprise, but I couldn't get any info there. Also, how do I get into the
BIOS? It is running Win95 and I get the Compaq splash screen and I tried the
delete and the F2 keys. Any info would be greatly appreciated. TIA
hu man

I do not remember the exact CMOS procedure for a Deskpro, but there were
some Compaq computers that required pressing F10 or F1 while a white
square appeared on the screen in the upper right hand corner. This
square appeared during POST, and the key must be pressed while the
square was visible.

As for information on the MB, I would think you would need to gather
information off of the MB such as model number, maker, and such. Compaq
generally will list information about their products by the Deskpro
model number, and then it will be limited. Good luck.

Old November 26th 03, 01:39 PM
Rich @ Ultima Thule

wrote in message

hu man wrote:
I have a Compaq Deskpro. I am looking to upgrade it. Where can I find

info
on the mobo. I Googled the model number and it came up as Dolphin
Enterprise, but I couldn't get any info there. Also, how do I get into

the
BIOS? It is running Win95 and I get the Compaq splash screen and I tried

the
delete and the F2 keys. Any info would be greatly appreciated. TIA
hu man

I do not remember the exact CMOS procedure for a Deskpro, but there were
some Compaq computers that required pressing F10 or F1 while a white
square appeared on the screen in the upper right hand corner. This
square appeared during POST, and the key must be pressed while the
square was visible.

I think compaqs from that era required the compaq "hidden partition" on the
drive which contained the bios. If the white square does not appear then
that has been removed from the drive at some time or other.

You might be able to download the software to set up that partition from the
compaq website but i guess that would require re-partitioning the PC. Some
of the older compaq laptops had it on a floppy drive with a win3.11 style
interface. I would try searching for the compaq part number.

Cheers

Richard

Info on Sony products max General 0 November 8th 03 09:23 AM
Device Manager info. FJohns6675 General 1 October 19th 03 12:35 AM
lcd info winston General 0 October 13th 03 05:21 PM
PSU info - General 1 October 8th 03 06:01 PM
Nexware SweetBay 24 port switch?? - can't find ANY info on product, please help Alceryes General 0 July 28th 03 01:28 AM