Dell M60 Q

Old December 20th 08, 07:16 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
A New Day

Default Dell M60 Q

I have had my M60 for 4 years now and just reinstalled SKYPE.

I had SKYPE installed up to 6 months ago but since then it has had a new HDD
fitted so I had to do a reinstall about 1 month ago.

In the previous installation I always used it with a mic headset.

Now with the new installation for some unknown reason it does not require a
hardware mic. I have studied the case and cannot find a mic/mic hole
anywhere on it.

So how or where is it picking up my voice.....would the speakers be action
dual function.

thanks
dj

Old December 21st 08, 07:41 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Robert McMillan

If it is like the Inspiron 8600 which is also 4 years old then there is a
pinhole at the top of the keyboard near the power button, the mic is in
there.

HTH
Robert

Old December 21st 08, 07:59 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
A New Day

"A New Day" wrote in message
I have had my M60 for 4 years now and just reinstalled SKYPE.

I had SKYPE installed up to 6 months ago but since then it has had a new
HDD fitted so I had to do a reinstall about 1 month ago.

In the previous installation I always used it with a mic headset.

Now with the new installation for some unknown reason it does not require
a hardware mic. I have studied the case and cannot find a mic/mic hole
anywhere on it.

So how or where is it picking up my voice.....would the speakers be
action dual function.

thanks
dj

right thanks....I did look at that hole and as it was not in the ops manual
thought nothing of it.