Uninstall Canon PIXMA ip6000D

Old March 1st 08, 10:55 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
stew

Default Uninstall Canon PIXMA ip6000D

Hi

I have a Canon PIXMA ip6000D that has started to print less than one
line of text on each page of paper.

Canon have had me print a nozzle check direct from the printer, and as
this works they are blaming the PC/Operating System and not offering
any more support.

I am therefore trying to completely uninstall the Canon software from
the PC, so that I can try a fresh install, however pressing on
'remove' in Add or Remove Programs, or running the Uninstall shortcut
in the Canon directory under Start/Programs, does absolutely nothing
but cause a brief flash on the screen.

Any ideas on how I can get this software off my machine? Or other
ideas to restore printing?

Thanks,

Stewart
Old March 1st 08, 04:08 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
irwell

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 02:55:56 -0800 (PST), stew
wrote:

Hi

I have a Canon PIXMA ip6000D that has started to print less than one
line of text on each page of paper.

Canon have had me print a nozzle check direct from the printer, and as
this works they are blaming the PC/Operating System and not offering
any more support.

I am therefore trying to completely uninstall the Canon software from
the PC, so that I can try a fresh install, however pressing on
'remove' in Add or Remove Programs, or running the Uninstall shortcut
in the Canon directory under Start/Programs, does absolutely nothing
but cause a brief flash on the screen.

Any ideas on how I can get this software off my machine? Or other
ideas to restore printing?

Thanks,

Stewart

Try a System Restore to a date when you know it was working
properly.
Old March 1st 08, 08:31 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony[_2_]

stew wrote:
Hi

I have a Canon PIXMA ip6000D that has started to print less than one
line of text on each page of paper.

Canon have had me print a nozzle check direct from the printer, and as
this works they are blaming the PC/Operating System and not offering
any more support.

I am therefore trying to completely uninstall the Canon software from
the PC, so that I can try a fresh install, however pressing on
'remove' in Add or Remove Programs, or running the Uninstall shortcut
in the Canon directory under Start/Programs, does absolutely nothing
but cause a brief flash on the screen.

Any ideas on how I can get this software off my machine? Or other
ideas to restore printing?

Thanks,

Stewart

Open the print queue (double left click on the printer in control panel). If
there is a print job there you won't be able to uninstall the printer.
In that case, go to Start/Run and type "net stop spooler" without the quotes
and press OK. Now delete any jobs in the queue. Uninstall the printer then go
to control panel/printers, select file/server properties/drivers. Select any
and all of the entries that refer to the ip6000 one at a time and press Remove.
Now reboot the PC (essential). Reinstall the printer with the cable
disconnected, connect the cable only when asked to do so.

Tony
MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Old March 6th 08, 01:31 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
stew

Thanks for this advice. Mysteriously the printer is suddenly working
again. I'm not sure but this may relate to the last Windows
Update....If we start having more failures I will have a go.

Thanks,

Stewart

Old March 16th 08, 03:12 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Colin Reddish

"stew" wrote in message

Thanks for this advice. Mysteriously the printer is suddenly working
again. I'm not sure but this may relate to the last Windows
Update....If we start having more failures I will have a go.

Thanks,

Stewart

I'm wondering if this may be connected to the problem we had recently with
an Epson Printer? See my post on 15/03/2008 in the thread "Which inkjet
manufacturers printers cause the least hassle when using non-OEM
cartridges - UK buyer".
--
Colin Reddish

Canon PIXMA IP6000D nathan Printers 6 January 30th 07 02:34 AM
Non-chipped Canon ip6000D available Burt Printers 1 August 4th 06 06:37 AM
How to uninstall Canon Pixma IP-1000 driver? [email protected] Printers 1 January 14th 06 01:21 PM
European (220-240V) power supply for Canon Pixma iP6000d? Joel Kolstad Printers 12 August 24th 05 05:43 PM
Canon ip6000D colinco Printers 0 November 15th 04 09:33 PM