Win XP for XPS 420

Old January 29th 09, 03:51 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Robert McMillan

Default Win XP for XPS 420

Hi Tom. Is there a reason why you don't quote messages in your replies?
As I
am assuming that your post was the last paragraph, but I am not sure.

--
Bill

I did quote the message. Not sure what your point is?

Tom, I think he means the " " indentation at the start of quoted lines that
most news readers put in to easily distinguish the new post and the old
text.

HTH

Robert

Old January 29th 09, 11:53 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
BillW50

In ,
Robert McMillan typed on Thu, 29 Jan 2009 13:51:18 +1000:
Hi Tom. Is there a reason why you don't quote messages in your
replies? As I
am assuming that your post was the last paragraph, but I am not sure.

--
Bill

I did quote the message. Not sure what your point is?

Tom, I think he means the " " indentation at the start of quoted
lines that most news readers put in to easily distinguish the new
post and the old text.

HTH

Robert

Yes, that is correct.

--
Bill
2 Gateway MX6124 - Windows XP SP2

Old January 29th 09, 12:52 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

Posted At: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:51 PM
Posted To: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Conversation: Win XP for XPS 420
Subject: Win XP for XPS 420

Hi Tom. Is there a reason why you don't quote messages in your

replies?
As I
am assuming that your post was the last paragraph, but I am not

sure.

--
Bill

I did quote the message. Not sure what your point is?

Tom, I think he means the " " indentation at the start of quoted

lines
that
most news readers put in to easily distinguish the new post and the

old
text.

HTH

Robert

Ah. Nice call. Hope this is better

I moved Outlook to a different machine and, oddly, is not the default.
Didn't even notice!

Old January 29th 09, 02:04 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
BillW50

In news:000001c98210$759386e0$6d01a8c0@SFF,
Tom Scales typed on Thu, 29 Jan 2009 12:52:51 GMT:
Posted At: Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:51 PM
Posted To: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Conversation: Win XP for XPS 420

Hi Tom. Is there a reason why you don't quote messages in your
replies? As I am assuming that your post was the last paragraph, but
I am not sure.

--
Bill

I did quote the message. Not sure what your point is?

Tom, I think he means the " " indentation at the start of quoted
lines that most news readers put in to easily distinguish the new
post and the old text.

HTH

Robert

Ah. Nice call. Hope this is better

I moved Outlook to a different machine and, oddly, is not the
default. Didn't even notice!

Ah... much better Tom.

Old February 5th 09, 05:43 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
halfbakedj14

I recently downgraded my Dell XPS 420 from vista to XP, everything works
great except for any video I play. I am using an ATI Raedon 2400 PRO HD
video card that came with my pc. When ever I play a video in any type of
media player, I get random white horizontal lines when I make the screen
bigger or full screen the movie. The horizontal lines go into the movie
but also extend outside of the player onto the physical desktop. My ATI
Raedon 2400 pro hd card came with an installation cd, I explored the cd
and found drivers for windows xp, so I used those and I still get this
problem.

One thing is that I am not sure I installed the Monitor driver
correctly from
http://en.community.dell.com/forums/.../19372762.aspx because I
couldnt get it to install in the device manager. I was unsure where
exactly to install the driver within the device manager.

Would anyone know why this is happening, it is quite annoying to have
my videos flicker these white lines while I watch movies.

Old February 6th 09, 12:29 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

Posted At: Thursday, February 05, 2009 11:44 AM
[...]

You Shouldn't need a monitor driver.

Go to www.ati.com and download the latest drivers.

Old February 6th 09, 02:13 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers[_2_]

halfbakedj14 wrote:
[...]

You might look for updated software from ATI... Ben Myers
Old February 7th 09, 10:35 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
halfbakedj14[_2_]

Thank you for the replys. Well I installed the drivers from ati and it
still didnt fix the problem.

It seems that only certain videos are affected. every video I play
starts out fine and does not have a problem, it's just when I make it
full screen that I get these annoying horizontal lines everywhere. I
loaded photoshop once while a video was playing that had horizontal
lines and the horizontal lines were even effecting the display while I
had photoshop loaded up on the screen.

Old February 7th 09, 11:13 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis[_3_]

"halfbakedj14" wrote in message

Thank you for the replys. Well I installed the drivers from ati and it
still didnt fix the problem.

It seems that only certain videos are affected. every video I play
starts out fine and does not have a problem, it's just when I make it
full screen that I get these annoying horizontal lines everywhere. I
loaded photoshop once while a video was playing that had horizontal
lines and the horizontal lines were even effecting the display while I
had photoshop loaded up on the screen.

I had that system with that video card and never experienced a problem
within either XP or Vista.

Personally, I'd replace the card - in fact, I already did for different
reasons some time ago.

Old March 2nd 09, 06:08 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
halfbakedj14[_3_]

Well it looks like the only way I could get those annoying lines to go
away was by re-installing vista . I think I narrowed the problem to
the chipset, once i stalled that my videos would go to crap.