tv out probs - lose of colour?

Old October 21st 03, 03:24 AM
lost

Default tv out probs - lose of colour?

I have an nvidia gf4 ti 4800 and I am trying to setup the svideo tv out
without much success.

I am using the clone desktop option and it works ok for the desktop
icons.lol..they look the same as the monitor
The first thing you notice however is the wallpaper(from digi camera) it
looks like it is in 256 colors.
Then when you attempt to play a movie either fullscreen using the overlay
option, it comes out red where there should be black or just a red box
when it is playing as a window on the desktop

The cable is fine , i tested it from the dvd to the tv
I dont have another svideo appliance to test svideo in
I've tried every mode possible for the card and tv... eg the tv is at 640
x 480 60 hz
the tv is a sanyo... could it be the tv doesnt support a higher
res/mode?.
Is my tv out plug messed up on the video card?..
I am getting a svideo to composite convertor to test on the other input
(composite) on the cards apapter
it couldnt be a codec because the hi res wallpaper cant even display?

any ideas?

lost
Old October 21st 03, 06:33 AM
Biz

tv-out on standard tvs is 800x600 max, many just use 640x480. So you cant
get any higher resolution on ANY standard def tv. Some series of nVidia
software does allow you to run 1024x768 in an 800x600 window, similar to how
birtual desktops use to work. But it will never look anywhere near as nice
as your pc monitor

Old October 21st 03, 11:51 AM
lost

Sorry, i should have made myself clearer.
I'm not really having a prob with res, i can bump that up to 1024 x 768
with no probs. Its the colours that aren't correct.
with fullscreen overlay on the picture is the best but it is very red, I
think red where there should be black
When its just cloning the desktop and without fullscreen overlay and the
movie is playing it a windowed windows media player or powerdvd window then
its just a red box

lost

"Biz" wrote in
:

Old October 21st 03, 10:33 PM
lost

I fixed the problem. I think the svideo cable wasnt pushed in far enough
into the back of the tv. doh

"Biz" wrote in
: