9800 Pro and Quake 2

Old September 14th 03, 10:06 AM
Horrie Fide

Default 9800 Pro and Quake 2

Hi
I'll very likely soon be buying a 9800 Pro but as I still like playing
Q2 Lithium onlne I wonder if this old game plays and looks fine using
this card. Can anyone with actual experience of this give me the story
please?

TIA

Old September 14th 03, 03:57 PM
Dick van Drie

I still play q2 weekly, and i had a sapphire radeon 9200. This is one of the
new cards like 9800. The 9200 is much slower of course, but the image is
about the same as the 9800 i think. The radeon is a bit darker the my good
old matrox g400, but it looks good enough. The only thing what bothered me
about the image that it's not as stable and as good as from my matrox card.
The image of the radeon also seem a bit unrestless. To much for me, because
i sold the radeon and dont know if buy another ati card again, because mine
had unrestless images in 3d games. The game gets higher fps i think but it
doesnt seem to play as pleasant as on my matrox. I hope the 9800 isa better
card (in terms of stable images). And use the omega drivers, there much
better then the ati drivers.

"Horrie Fide" schreef in bericht

Old September 14th 03, 09:22 PM
Horrie Fide

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 14:57:14 GMT, "Dick van Drie"
That sounds like a low refresh rate problem, from what you're saying.
Did you look into that at all?

wrote:

I still play q2 weekly, and i had a sapphire radeon 9200. This is one of the
new cards like 9800. The 9200 is much slower of course, but the image is
about the same as the 9800 i think. The radeon is a bit darker the my good
old matrox g400, but it looks good enough. The only thing what bothered me
about the image that it's not as stable and as good as from my matrox card.
The image of the radeon also seem a bit unrestless. To much for me, because
i sold the radeon and dont know if buy another ati card again, because mine
had unrestless images in 3d games. The game gets higher fps i think but it
doesnt seem to play as pleasant as on my matrox. I hope the 9800 isa better
card (in terms of stable images). And use the omega drivers, there much
better then the ati drivers.

"Horrie Fide" schreef in bericht
.. .