a7n266-AA bios

Old July 17th 03, 08:19 PM
Jaja

Default a7n266-AA bios

Hello, i currently have a pc with a A7N266-AA mb rev. 1.05 with an Athlon XP
2000. I noticed that the BIOS version is 1004 and for the "AA" version, or
at least that's what it shows at boot time.
At ASUS web site i found bios 1006, but it doesn't say "AA". Can i use this
BIOS? Is the answer is yes, would it improve anything? I noticed that 1005
BIOS has something to do with DDR modules and 1006 adds new CPU support. I
guess none of them changes anything important. Am i right?

Regards

Jaime

Old July 18th 03, 01:36 PM
Jaja

Well actually, the floppy drive acts weird, sometimes it doesn't recognize
the disks as formatted. I searched in Google and i found that other people
had this issue as well, but it didn't say if a bios upgrade solved their
problem (although some people suggested that it might )

Regards

Jaime
PS: The mb is a A7N266-VM AA
"Richard" escribió en el mensaje
You only usually upgrade the bios if you have a specific need to do so.
i.e. you have a specific problem that will be solved by a specific tweak

the bios you wish to upgrade to, usually determined by reading through the
issues and fixes that the newer bios release addresses and contains. e.g.
on older machines - upgrading the bios so that a larger hard disk is
correctly recognised - or you cpu isn't being correctly identified etc.

:-)

If it ain't broke don't fix it!

regards, Richard