X800 Pro Vivo, which brand unlocks to 16 pipes the best ?

Old October 7th 04, 02:37 PM
Avid Gamer

Default X800 Pro Vivo, which brand unlocks to 16 pipes the best ?

Was going to go 6800 GT, but thats noisy, and hot and uses to much
power.

So iam want to go with an X800 Pro Vivo, but which brands are best to
overclock and unlock the extra pipes ?

If you can help please do, my 9600 pro needs to replaced.

Thanks.

Old October 7th 04, 03:07 PM
Chip

"Avid Gamer" wrote in message

Was going to go 6800 GT, but thats noisy, and hot and uses to much
power.

Noisy? Well I have a pretty quiet PC and I can't hear mine. I wouldn't say
they are noisy at all, and I am fairly fussy. To put it in perspective the
card is a lot quiter than the 9700 Pro it replaced!

As to "uses too much power", well what is too much? It will work on a good
300w PSU, which is the minimum spec AMD and Intel recommend anyway. And I
have seen it work fine on a number of Shuttle boards with only 200w PSU's.

I don't mean to start a flame ware here, and if you want to go for an
X800Pro Vivo, then I am sure that's a fine card too. But if your reasons
are noise and power, then I think you are mistaken.

Chip

Old October 7th 04, 06:34 PM
Avid Gamer

What brands do you two have ?

Realy depends on the cooling solution the cards use i suppose, your
two cards must be two of the good solutions.

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 16:17:03 GMT, "BigJIm"
wrote:

not noisy at all
.. .

Old October 7th 04, 07:27 PM
Chip

"Avid Gamer" wrote in message

What brands do you two have ?

Realy depends on the cooling solution the cards use i suppose, your
two cards must be two of the good solutions.

Personally I have a BFG - with the standard cooler, rather than the BFG
special one.

You here is at boot time when the fan spins up to full speed. Then when you
get into windows, the fan throttles back down and you don't hear it any
more. You can then game away all you like and the fan never speeds up
again, so it remains effectively silent.

Chip

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 16:17:03 GMT, "BigJIm"
wrote:

not noisy at all
. ..

Old October 7th 04, 07:28 PM
Chip

You here is at boot time when the fan spins up to full speed. Then when
you

Eh? I meant "You hear it...."

Dunno how I managed to type that. Anyway...