XP install doesnt recognize Diamond Max PLus 9 200GB HD

Old October 18th 03, 07:30 AM
TNT2003

Default XP install doesnt recognize Diamond Max PLus 9 200GB HD

Hi, installed a Diamondmax Plus 9 200 GB harddisk in my pc. Its connected to
the Promise ATA133-controller, this is what I see when starting the pc:

MBU Ultra (PDC20276) (tm) BIOS version 2.20.1020.13
(c) Promise Technology Inc. All right reserver

00 Maxtor 6Y200P0 LBA 189GB Ultra DMA6
01 Not detected
02 Not detected
03 Not detected

IDE Bus Master Enabled

But I cannot install XP. It says that there is no storagedevice detected.

How can I have this harddisk work with the XP installation?

thanxs TNT2003

Old October 18th 03, 02:21 PM
super yido

"TNT2003" wrote in message
Hi, installed a Diamondmax Plus 9 200 GB harddisk in my pc. Its connected

the Promise ATA133-controller, this is what I see when starting the pc:

MBU Ultra (PDC20276) (tm) BIOS version 2.20.1020.13
(c) Promise Technology Inc. All right reserver

00 Maxtor 6Y200P0 LBA 189GB Ultra DMA6
01 Not detected
02 Not detected
03 Not detected

IDE Bus Master Enabled

But I cannot install XP. It says that there is no storagedevice detected.

How can I have this harddisk work with the XP installation?

thanxs TNT2003

you need drivers for the disk.

Old October 21st 03, 02:45 PM
Marko

or just try the fdisk and setup partitions....
format maybe?