FX5600 and 45.23 drivers

Old August 20th 03, 11:04 PM
Eddie

Default FX5600 and 45.23 drivers

I have an MSI FX5600 card and recently installed the updated 45.23 drivers
from nVidida's site, official certified ones. They solved a problem with
FS2004 (FS9) in which with the old drivers, 2D panels would not show. With
45.23 they do, but now My DVD's stutter and crawl. Anyone with similar
probs?

Eddie

Old September 1st 03, 12:19 PM
Karthik

"Eddie" wrote in message .au...
I have an MSI FX5600 card and recently installed the updated 45.23 drivers
from nVidida's site, official certified ones. They solved a problem with
FS2004 (FS9) in which with the old drivers, 2D panels would not show. With
45.23 they do, but now My DVD's stutter and crawl. Anyone with similar
probs?

Eddie

I upgraded from a GF4 Ti4600 to an MSI FX5600 256 MB card. OpenGL
keeps falling back to software rendering. glGetstring("GL_VENDOR")
returns "Microsoft Corporation". I've tried 44.03 and 45.23 drivers
with no luck. I uninstalled the old drivers each time, ran a
driver-cleaning utility, all to no avail.

thanks,
Maniam
Old September 1st 03, 03:43 PM
JJay

I upgraded from 44.03 to 45.23 a few weeks ago, using a GF4
Ti-4600, and haven't had any major problems. Running on
WinXP-Pro, P4-3GHz, 1Gig RAM, 800MHz FSB. I read your post,
and hadn't tried playing a DVD until now. I just played
one, and it ran fine with 45.23 drivers.

Also, my Microsoft Midtown Madness 1 and 2 games run better
than with any other version of Nvidia drivers. It seems the
WHQL-Certification fixes problems with Microsoft games.
However, the few other 3D games I've played seem to run fine
(Star Trek Elite Force 2, and Star Trek Bridge Commander).

I did get a slowdown with the 45.23 driver, from 44.03. My
3DMark2001SE score dropped from 14,200 to 12,800. But, the
speed of my system, could be making up for the slowdown in
the the 45.23 drivers.

How fast is your system? That could be the cause of the
jerky DVD playback.

Anyway, just thought I'd post this, for what it's worth.
Good luck with your card.

jj
=====