USB 2.0 problem with GA-8IEXP (Weird issue)

Old December 13th 04, 06:29 AM
Jman

Default USB 2.0 problem with GA-8IEXP (Weird issue)

HELP !!

Having a strange problem with the USB 2.0 controller on this MOBO.
Anytime I plug in a USB 2.0 device (1.1 devices work OK) the system
either does not see it, or freezes up completely. This depends on the
driver I use but either way, the USB 2.0 devices just don't work unless
the 2.0 controller is disabled or uninstalled.

I have just run into this problem on a new installation of Win2k Pro
and never had the issue before. I've run multiple OS's including XP
Pro, Home, and Win 2k Pro and Server. I find it hard to believe that
it is just happening now and was never an issue before. I am wondering
if it could be the Windows updates that could be the culprit. Any Help
is VERY MUCH appreciated....I've tried everything that I know how to at
this point and I have to get this system up and running with an
external 2.0 drive!!

-changed drivers to and from intel to gigabyte to NEC etc...
-updated mobo bios to current F9
-using all current onboard sound, LAN, and INF drivers
-using service pack 4 with all latest Windows security updates.

Win2k pro on GA-8IEXP, Intel P4 2.4b processor, 1024 meg kingston mem,
64 meg AGP and PCI cards, 160 GB seagate, LG 16x8 DVDR

TIA,

JMAN

Old December 13th 04, 09:56 AM
Jman

Ummmm,
It has ever since I've been using it.....(4+ years)
I think maybe you are thinking about NT.....