Two Displays

Old October 16th 08, 07:08 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Nestor Kiklu

Default Two Displays

At the moment I have a NVIDIA 8600 gt card. I am not a gamer or high end
user but I need some advice.

I am into radio monitoring although I am a user and only have a tenuous
grasp of what happens inside the black box.

What I want to do is run two displays from the one machine. I note this
card is now as cheap as chips. So.

I want one display to show one screen of one product, if you're interested
it's the SBS Virtual Radar. I want the other display to do all the other
Windows functions, mostly with software defined radio and some database
logging stuff.

I assume I need two cards, is that so ?

If anybody has a bright idea I really appreciate you sharing it.

(Touches forelock) I thank you in advance.

Nestor

Old October 16th 08, 07:39 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus[_3_]

"Nestor Kiklu" wrote in message
At the moment I have a NVIDIA 8600 gt card. I am not a gamer or high end
user but I need some advice.

I am into radio monitoring although I am a user and only have a tenuous
grasp of what happens inside the black box.

What I want to do is run two displays from the one machine. I note this
card is now as cheap as chips. So.

I want one display to show one screen of one product, if you're interested
it's the SBS Virtual Radar. I want the other display to do all the other
Windows functions, mostly with software defined radio and some database
logging stuff.

I assume I need two cards, is that so ?

If anybody has a bright idea I really appreciate you sharing it.

(Touches forelock) I thank you in advance.

Nestor

You don't need two cards....even if your 8600GT is DVI/VGA or dual DVI. You
connect two monitors to the card, and in the nVidia Control Panel setup
click on Display / Set up Multiple Displays and then choose the Extend
Desktop from the choices.....this will allow you to put one windowed app on
one monitor and the rest on the other.....after you open the window and drag
it there that is.