I also need help with Duplex on my IP4000 (Different Problem)

Old September 23rd 05, 05:50 PM
Mikey

Default I also need help with Duplex on my IP4000 (Different Problem)

It seems that if I print the same document with exact same settings the
print quality of black is paler when using Duplex.

It seems that it is not using the same black ink as the Non Duplex printing.

Anyone know if this is the case, or should I try a reinstall of the
software?

Thanks

Mike

Old September 23rd 05, 06:01 PM
measekite

FIRST YOU SHOULD USE ONLY CANON OEM PIGMENTED INK AND SELECT PLAIN
PAPER. THEN YOU SHOULD USE A HIGH QUALITY PAPER LIKE HAMMERMILL PREMIUM
INKJET PAPER THAT YOU CAN GET AT STAPLES OR OFFICE DEPOT. YOU SHOULD
NOT EXPERIENCE THAT.

BUT IF YOU DO NOT USE CANON OEM INK THEN YOU CANNOT EXPECT THE PRINTER
TO PERFORM AS CANON MFG IT.

Old September 23rd 05, 06:07 PM
Mikey

I am using CANON ink and top quality paper.

I am also only talking about a standard word document.

I have printed out two versions of the same document. The only difference
is that one is set to DUPLEX and the other single sheet.

It defiantly looks like each document uses the different Black ink.

Mike

Old September 23rd 05, 06:42 PM
SleeperMan

measekite wrote:
FIRST YOU SHOULD USE ONLY CANON OEM PIGMENTED INK AND SELECT PLAIN
PAPER. THEN YOU SHOULD USE A HIGH QUALITY PAPER LIKE HAMMERMILL
PREMIUM INKJET PAPER THAT YOU CAN GET AT STAPLES OR OFFICE DEPOT. YOU
SHOULD NOT EXPERIENCE THAT.

BUT IF YOU DO NOT USE CANON OEM INK THEN YOU CANNOT EXPECT THE PRINTER
TO PERFORM AS CANON MFG IT.

BULL****!!!

It's common knowledge that Canon in duplex mode prints with worse quality
than in normal single mode. Since in duplex is also bloddy slow, it's far
quicker if you print in software duplex and turn paper by yourself.

Old September 23rd 05, 06:58 PM
Mikey

I have tried that, but if duplex is select (whether auto or manual) the
quality is lower.

Any more help appreciated.

Mike

Old September 23rd 05, 11:28 PM
Caitlin

"Mikey" wrote in message
I have tried that, but if duplex is select (whether auto or manual) the
quality is lower.

Any more help appreciated.

Mike

I believe it is a feature - it uses less ink so that the print will not show
through to the other side of the paper. If you try selecting double sided
photo paper you might get better results.

Old September 24th 05, 12:37 AM
measekite

SleeperMan wrote:

measekite wrote:

FIRST YOU SHOULD USE ONLY CANON OEM PIGMENTED INK AND SELECT PLAIN
PAPER. THEN YOU SHOULD USE A HIGH QUALITY PAPER LIKE HAMMERMILL
PREMIUM INKJET PAPER THAT YOU CAN GET AT STAPLES OR OFFICE DEPOT. YOU
SHOULD NOT EXPERIENCE THAT.

BUT IF YOU DO NOT USE CANON OEM INK THEN YOU CANNOT EXPECT THE PRINTER
TO PERFORM AS CANON MFG IT.

BULL****!!!

It's common knowledge that Canon in duplex mode prints with worse quality
than in normal single mode.

MINE DOES NOT

Since in duplex is also bloddy slow,

IT IS THE SAME SPEED. YOU CANNOT COUNT THE FLIP TIME.

it's far
quicker if you print in software duplex and turn paper by yourself.

THAT IS NOT THE WAY. JUST CLICK PRINT AND GO DO SOMETHING ELSE.

AND IF THAT IS THE WAY YOU WANT TO DO IT THEN USE AN EPSON.

Old September 24th 05, 12:37 AM
measekite

Mikey wrote:

I have tried that, but if duplex is select (whether auto or manual) the
quality is lower.

Any more help appreciated.

Mike

THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN WITH MY PRINTER.

Old September 24th 05, 12:49 AM
Taliesyn

Mikey wrote:

I am using CANON ink and top quality paper.

I am also only talking about a standard word document.

I have printed out two versions of the same document. The only difference
is that one is set to DUPLEX and the other single sheet.

It defiantly looks like each document uses the different Black ink.

Mike

Yes, you are absolutely correct. This has nothing to to do with
what kind of ink you are using - OEM or compatible - as Measekite
would like you to believe.

I get the same results as you using duplex with my iP5000 - which I
hate duplexing with, by the way. It's agonizingly slow. When printing a
document using duplex, your printer doesn't use the large pigmented
black cartridge. It mixes the three CYM colors to imitate black, thus
you get that dark grey text, so to speak, that you mentioned. I checked
the duplex printout with a strong magnifier and could plainly see CYM
dot splatters of red and blue (yellow is harder to see). This mixing
colors to make "black" ink is intentional. My best guess is that Canon
is doing this is because they know they would get smudging of the ink
since pigmented black ink takes a lot longer to dry than the dye ink colors.

I never ever use the duplex feature. I consider it inferior, now more
than ever since it mixes colors to make black.

I duplex manually. When I print one side of a page I often have to blow
on it before showing it back in for the flip side. Smudge risk.

So either accept the lighter shade of pale or flip and get genuine
black. I prefer the latter.

-Taliesyn
Old September 24th 05, 01:19 AM
Mikey

Thanks to all for your posts.

Even Cannon support could not help me, all they said was to reinstall
drivers as wrong in may be going to printer.

Fat lot of good they are, although I may wind them up this week about it.

Cheers again

Mikey