Cheap fan replacemant for FX5900?

Old July 19th 05, 09:09 PM
dawg

Default Cheap fan replacemant for FX5900?

I'm having heat problems with my evga FX 5900. The fan works but doesn't go
into highspeed when it gets hot. Picture will get dark then go black.
I don't want to invest more than I have to for a replacement fan.Less than
$20 if possible. Thanks

Old July 21st 05, 04:30 AM
First of One

The cheapest way is to remove the fan but retain the original heat sink,
then zip-tie a 80 mm case fan to the opening.

For a more elegant solution, buy an Arctic Cooling NV Silencer4.

Old July 21st 05, 04:50 AM
DaveL

Hey, that's my fix! Yeah, I'm a cheap sob. But an 80mm is usually too
big. 50mm usually is a good fit.

DaveL

Old July 23rd 05, 02:37 AM
First of One

You mean for zip-tying an 80 mm on the card? The original fan is almost
always removable. Sometimes it's accessed from the back of the heat sink.
Thus you'll have to take the heat sink off, remove the fan, then reinstall
the sink.