Printing double sided outputs

Old November 5th 04, 03:46 PM
Dave C.

Default Printing double sided outputs

I have a HP photosmart 7660. When printing doubled sided manuals, black
only, I have a paper feed problem. I select the correct preferences and
proceed with printing and the printer software works fine.

I am using 24 pound white paper, but it happens also with 20 pound paper.

When printing the second side of a multi-page document, the problem is that
after a few pages print, a couple of pages get stuck together and feed
together. So therefore, the page sequence gets messed up and I have to
start again.

I have tried fanning the paper, blowing on them at the same time, adjusting
the left paper guide which maintains some tension on the paper edges as well
as anything I could think of. I also have let the first side dry for 10
minutes before continuing.

This must be somewhat a common problem, and I hope someone has a trick and
tip to help.

--
Dave C.

Remove the five 9's (leave the 4) for email.

Old November 5th 04, 04:04 PM
jbuch

Dave C. wrote:

[...]

You might be much happier with a hardware duplexing laser printer.

I use one for double sided books, an HP 4 Plus with duplexer. When there
is a page jam, the printer/driver recovers completely with virtually no
fuss and no messed up situation such as you describe.

After having tried manual and hardware automatic duplexing, I would
NEVER do it manually again.....

If you are earning money from the manuals, it is perhaps unwise to
continue as you are.

Older duplexing laser printers can be had quite cheaply these days.

I threw out a duplexing HPIIID Laserjet last month and a duplexing HPIID
the month before, and will probably discard another quite soon.

They worked fin, but I had upgraded to somewhat faster newer used models.

Heavy as hell... expensive to ship. They will print several hundred
thousand pages without wearing out.

Jim

Keepsake gift for young girls.
Unique and personal one-of-a-kind.