Hardware damaged again.

Old July 17th 08, 03:28 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Default Hardware damaged again.

Hello,

It seems the hardware of my pc is damaged again.

Probably the motherboard.

Sometimes the system crashes during a game.

I cleaned the pc hoping that it would solve the problem but nope.

There are some other symptoms:

1. Memory corruption/crashes.

2. The time runs a few seconds faster and then stops and then continues
again in xp 64.

3. The time skips a second in memtest.

Possible causes for damaged hardwa

1. Overheat in summer.

2. Short-circuit because of plastic stickers patching wholes which came
loose.

3. Lightning strikes.

4. Maybe power surges because of stuck power button or switching on/off
surround sound set.

5. Maybe just bad hardware not ment for heavy use, who knows

Anyway another dead motherboard is scarey... it's not dead yet...

But it's definetly time to eradicate possiblity number one.

So today or tomorrow I will go or phone to local pc shop to see if they have
any good 90 mm rearcase fans... to increase airflow in pc casing.

I like the beautifull graphics in cod4... but I would like to have a
quiet/cool system in the future.

And the chances are pretty high that my future pc will be a cool pc and a
noiseless pc.. which will hopefully last as long as the 386's and 486's pc
did

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old July 17th 08, 03:29 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

6. Maybe one last possibility... interference from gsm's...

It does happen sometimes... who knows what effect it could have...

Those gsm's pretty powerfull.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old July 17th 08, 03:56 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
RFI-EMI-GUY

Skybuck Flying wrote:
6. Maybe one last possibility... interference from gsm's...

It does happen sometimes... who knows what effect it could have...

Those gsm's pretty powerfull.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Take it out back, shoot it with a shotgun. Don't get another one. You
will be happier.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money" ;-P
Old July 17th 08, 05:32 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
Jeff Liebermann[_2_]

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 04:28:32 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

Hello,

Howdy

It seems the hardware of my pc is damaged again.

Again? Lighning never strikes twice in the same place.
My guess is that you have a karma problem. Have you done
any good deeds lately?

Probably the motherboard.

The first step to solving a problem is to blame something. Blaming
the motherboard is a good first guess.

Sometimes the system crashes during a game.

Turn off the TV while using the computer. The games shows are
distracting.

I cleaned the pc hoping that it would solve the problem but nope.

Let the PC dry off before applying power.

There are some other symptoms:

1. Memory corruption/crashes.

If you can't remember what happened, it's called amnesia. However,
don't worry. Your memory will return when you hear the repair cost
estimate.

2. The time runs a few seconds faster and then stops and then continues
again in xp 64.

You may have a black hole inside your PC. Time dilation is
theoretically possible in the presence of large gravitational fields.
It may have entered your PC via a worm hole. Look for worms coming
out of holes in the case.

3. The time skips a second in memtest.

Easy. Don't run memtest and it won't skip a second.

Possible causes for damaged hardwa

1. Overheat in summer.

Hyperthermia can be serious. Turn on the air conditioner. That
should reduce your halucinations and visions of worms crawling out of
the PC.

2. Short-circuit because of plastic stickers patching wholes which came
loose.

The stickers are to plug the worm holes in the case that keep the
worms inside. Short circuiting a worm hole is bad because it will
affect the CPU look ahead caching register, which predicts results
before the calculation is setup. This is a relativistic computing
enhancement that is easily corrupted by customer coherence problems.

3. Lightning strikes.

Do not cross the picket line. Lightning has been know to get mean and
violent to strike breakers.

4. Maybe power surges because of stuck power button or switching on/off
surround sound set.

These are seperate issues. Sticky power buttons are usually found
arount 2 year olds with sticky paws. Clean off the food residue and
the power button will resume normal operations.

Surround sound is a symptom of paranoia. If you feel yourself
surrounded by anything, you potentially have a serious case. Paranoia
is easily cured by a concienciously applied program of professional
psychological care.

5. Maybe just bad hardware not ment for heavy use, who knows

That depends on the type of PC. Some types are light weight and not
made to be taken seriously. Others will do heavy metal and require a
substantial power supply and cooling system. Crossing over between
types is generally possible, but not very economical or practical.

Anyway another dead motherboard is scarey... it's not dead yet...

If it's still alive and moving, a silver stake through the heart has
been known to stop the living dead.

But it's definetly time to eradicate possiblity number one.

Yep. It's an election year. Number one isn't running.

So today or tomorrow I will go or phone to local pc shop to see if they have
any good 90 mm rearcase fans... to increase airflow in pc casing.

Be sure to calculate the weights and balances. The FAA does not
appreciate airborne computer cases.

I like the beautifull graphics in cod4... but I would like to have a
quiet/cool system in the future.

I thought you wanted it now. There are vendors that supply computer
cases with beautiful graphics. I like the military camouflage look
for the 16 year old. European users seem to prefer brightly colored
cases. Some are nothing more than wall paper stuck onto the case. If
you go this route, make sure cod4 or your hired artist doesn't plug
the worm holes.

And the chances are pretty high that my future pc will be a cool pc and a
noiseless pc.. which will hopefully last as long as the 386's and 486's pc
did

Yep. The higher they fly, the harder they crash. Have you considered
that a simpler machine might be more reliable? If you're planning on
long life, you might consider one of the Unix/Linux based PC's. I've
still got systems running up to 15 year old operating systems.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Ummm... That's Buy.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old July 17th 08, 05:52 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
daytripper

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 22:56:02 -0400, RFI-EMI-GUY wrote:

Skybuck Flying wrote:
6. Maybe one last possibility... interference from gsm's...

It does happen sometimes... who knows what effect it could have...

Those gsm's pretty powerfull.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Take it out back, shoot it with a shotgun. Don't get another one. You
will be happier.

You'd trust this nitwit with a firearm??? ahahahahahahahahaha!
Old July 17th 08, 06:10 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

7. I also noticed how the heatsinks of the graphic cards were full with dust
and fluffy stuff. Also the cpu had quite some fluffy stuff on it.

Maybe all this fluffy stuff raised the temperature and could have
accelerated the overheating process...

So increasing airflow in cases could actually cause another problem:

More dust and fluffy stuff onto heatsinks...

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old July 17th 08, 06:25 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
Augustus[_3_]

"Jeff Liebermann" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 04:28:32 +0200, "Skybuck Flying

Skybuck has long been in my killfile for numerous crimes against Usenet and
humanity.....please don't quote his entire moronic rant if you feel the need
to feed the troll.

Old July 17th 08, 06:25 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
Guy Macon

I have seen at least half a dozen case of "repeated mystery motherboard
damage" go away forever when the user followed my advice and bought a
new power supply from PC Power and Cooling plus Surge Suppressors that
protects *all* wires to the PC -- Ethernet, Modem, AC power, etc. from
Tripp Lite.

http://www.pcpower.com/index.html
http://www.tripplite.com/products/su...rs/network.cfm
http://www.tripplite.com/products/su...ors/isobar.cfm

--
Guy Macon http://www.GuyMacon.com/ Guy Macon http://www.GuyMacon.com/

Old July 17th 08, 06:34 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
GMAN

Invest in a damn 4-10 gallon air compressor and blow that **** out.
Old July 17th 08, 06:40 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
Jeff Liebermann[_2_]

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 07:10:16 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

7. I also noticed how the heatsinks of the graphic cards were full with dust
and fluffy stuff. Also the cpu had quite some fluffy stuff on it.

Maybe all this fluffy stuff raised the temperature and could have
accelerated the overheating process...

The fluffy stuff are probably bird feathers as found in a pillow. Do
not take the computer to bed. Do not place the fan in a position
where it will shred the pillow.

Dust is a different problem. I don't think it's cureable. Just open
the case and hit it with a compressed air blast to clean out the dust.
Ummm.... do it outside.

So increasing airflow in cases could actually cause another problem:

More dust and fluffy stuff onto heatsinks...

Yeah. Too big a fan will suck in more feathers from the pillow.
Perhaps some screening will help.

Bye,
Skybuck.

It's "Buy" as in spend, spend, spend...