Should I buy the X1900GT or X1950PRO?

Old October 19th 06, 07:00 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
[email protected]

Default Should I buy the X1900GT or X1950PRO?

Does anyone know how the X1900GT compares to the x1950pro?

I'm looking for a replacement card that's fast, but runs cool and
(reasonably) quite.

I'm installing into a DELL 8400 so only can use a card with a single
slot.

TIA

Old October 19th 06, 11:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2858
The X1950 Pro is faster than the X1900GT by a negligible amount. Otherwise
the two cards are identical in terms of pipeline count, feature set, etc. So
buy whichever is cheaper.

Note: despite all the hype, both the X1900GT and X1950Pro can run in
dongle-less Crossfire mode, should you decide to upgrade to a
Crossfire-capable motherboard in the future.

ups.com...

Old October 20th 06, 03:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2858&p=12
The X1950Pro pulls 7W less, which is kinda expected. The die shrink is only
from 90 nm to 80 nm, not that big of a jump.

"Andrew MacPherson" wrote in message
ddress_disguised...
() wrote:

I'm looking for a replacement card that's fast, but runs cool
and (reasonably) quite.

From what I've read, the 1950 draws less power under load and therefore
ought to be cooler & quieter.

Andrew McP

Old October 20th 06, 09:11 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
William

"First of One" wrote in message
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2858&p=12
The X1950Pro pulls 7W less, which is kinda expected. The die shrink is
only from 90 nm to 80 nm, not that big of a jump.

Does anyone have this card for sale today? I have checked Frys and Newegg,
neither have it yet. I'm seriously considering purchasing this card with my
upgrade system.

William

Old October 22nd 06, 02:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One

http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__ATI_R...ort_type=price

Available, though at $270-$300 it's more expensive than the X1900XT 256 MB.

"William" wrote in message
Does anyone have this card for sale today? I have checked Frys and
Newegg, neither have it yet. I'm seriously considering purchasing this
card with my upgrade system.

William

Ati's quiet "bait and switch "on the X1900GT specifications.......... John Lewis Nvidia Videocards 6 October 19th 06 07:57 AM
Ati's quiet "bait and switch "on the X1900GT specifications.......... John Lewis Ati Videocards 6 October 19th 06 07:57 AM
X1900GT Crossfire Master vs. Cable-less Modes Compared First of One Ati Videocards 0 September 14th 06 01:54 AM
X1900GT Neil Ati Videocards 6 June 30th 06 01:12 AM
X1900GT frequency SL Ati Videocards 1 May 26th 06 04:16 AM