xbox 360 extender can you adjust aspect ratio of recorded or live tv?

Old September 18th 06, 11:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
[email protected]

Default xbox 360 extender can you adjust aspect ratio of recorded or live tv?

Hi,

Is there some way to adjust the aspect ratio of the recorded or live tv
with using an xbox 360 as a media extender.

Thanks for any advice.

Old September 18th 06, 03:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Chris H.

This information may be of help to you:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/m...p/display.mspx
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

oups.com...

Old September 18th 06, 09:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Chris H.

Follow the instructions and try it. I don't understand why you want
separate settings. If you've using the Xbox 360 for games, then you need to
adjust the settings for Game A or Game B (some are 480p or 720p only), and
the settings you'd have through the PC setup would be for those items.
Personally, I run different settings all over the place, including on the TV
for HD broadcasts or normal broadcasts, changing them as I go.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
Associate Expert

ps.com...

Old September 24th 06, 05:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
MGG

No. The only way to do it is to adjust the aspect ratio on the TV.

That is incorrect. The function is called "zoom" and does what the OP asked,
from the 360.

--Mike

"Nigel Barker" wrote in message
On 18 Sep 2006 03:48:06 -0700, wrote:

Hi,

Is there some way to adjust the aspect ratio of the recorded or live tv
with using an xbox 360 as a media extender.

No. The only way to do it is to adjust the aspect ratio on the TV.

I have an MCE system sitting in the corner of the office fed by a Sky
digibox
satellite STB. The monitor is a 19" 1280x1024 i.e. 4:3 but I never watch
TV on
it. My wife on her desk uses an Xbox V1 & Media Center Extender kit
connected to
another 19" 4:3 monitor via an X2VGA+ box. The STB is set up to output 4:3
letter boxed as necessary. My new Xbox 360 in the lounge is connected to a
46"
LCD 16:9 TV normally the TV is set to wide mode & works fine with the 360
for
games in 720p or 1080i as set up in the dashboard. Connecting the Xbox 360
the MCE system & viewing either Live or recorded TV I can either have
squished
picture or using the TV aspect ratio zoom the picture to fill the screen.

--
Nigel Barker
Live from the sunny Cote d'Azur