on-die thermal diode

Old August 29th 03, 02:09 AM
Steve Vai

Default on-die thermal diode

is there any motherboards out that read the XP's on-die thermal diode?
will a simple manufacturer bios update make your board able to read it
or is there gonna have to be physical munipulation of the board to
read it? thanks.
Old August 29th 03, 03:22 AM
Frank Hagan

"Steve Vai" wrote in message
is there any motherboards out that read the XP's on-die thermal diode?
will a simple manufacturer bios update make your board able to read it
or is there gonna have to be physical munipulation of the board to
read it? thanks.

Shuttle AN35N reads on die and two mobo readings.

FRH

Old August 29th 03, 08:17 AM
loonym

"Steve Vai" wrote in message
is there any motherboards out that read the XP's on-die thermal

diode?
will a simple manufacturer bios update make your board able to

read it
or is there gonna have to be physical munipulation of the board

read it? thanks.

I believe the biostar m7n series

Old August 29th 03, 10:20 PM
Steve Vai

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:03:11 +1000, "Minotaur"
wrote:

"Steve Vai" wrote in message
.. .
is there any motherboards out that read the XP's on-die thermal diode?
will a simple manufacturer bios update make your board able to read it
or is there gonna have to be physical munipulation of the board to
read it? thanks.

But then you could use MBM in Windows to read it correctly.

thought the board itself had to have the capabilities to read it
before the software could?
Old August 29th 03, 10:58 PM
Ben Pope

Steve Vai wrote:
thought the board itself had to have the capabilities to read it
before the software could?

It's all chucked onto the SMBus. Most newer motherboards will give you the
ability to read that data, it just might not display it in the BIOS. For
examply, Asus PC Probe doesn't display On-Die temperatere.

Check MBM5 and see if your board is listed.

Ben

Old August 29th 03, 11:01 PM
Ben Pope

Steve Vai wrote:
hey thats cool, installed it....says the diode reading is exacly as
the socket temperature, great program....my board must kick ass! my
heatsink rules....i live in an ice cave! i knew it would work....cough
cough

It might need setting up then.

Ben

Old August 29th 03, 11:20 PM
Ed Light

"Ben Pope" wrote in message
Steve Vai wrote:
hey thats cool, installed it....says the diode reading is exacly as
the socket temperature, great program....my board must kick ass! my
heatsink rules....i live in an ice cave! i knew it would work....cough
cough

It might need setting up then.

Ben

Yes, it often needs to be pointed to the right sensors.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Old August 30th 03, 09:46 AM
Steve Vai

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 15:20:53 -0700, "Ed Light"
wrote:

"Ben Pope" wrote in message
Steve Vai wrote:
hey thats cool, installed it....says the diode reading is exacly as
the socket temperature, great program....my board must kick ass! my
heatsink rules....i live in an ice cave! i knew it would work....cough
cough

It might need setting up then.

tried every sensor/diode it listed, either went 10C lower or stayed
the same as what smart guardian said the cpu was...which i believe is
the socket temp

Thermal Pad or Thermal Grease? [email protected] General 1 January 9th 05 08:46 AM
CPU Temperature Nel General 34 August 17th 04 10:29 PM
CPU Temperature Nel Overclocking 31 August 17th 04 10:29 PM
Thermal pad or Thermal paste? Vin General 68 September 17th 03 05:38 AM
Thermal pad or Thermal paste? Vin Overclocking 73 September 17th 03 05:38 AM