"Hourglass" Distortion

Old September 18th 03, 09:41 PM
John Schutkeker

Default "Hourglass" Distortion

My video adapter has developed a headache, but one that's not so bad that
I can't live with it. It's an ATI Rage Pro Turbo 2x that's about three
years old, and it permanently distorts the view area slightly into the
hourglass shape. None of the normal changes I can make to the settings
will fix it, either on the monitor buttons or in the driver software.

Does anybody know the specifics of what causes this problem, and does it
mean that my adapter has pemanent hardware damage?
Old September 18th 03, 09:43 PM
spamtrap@localhost

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:41:43 GMT, John Schutkeker
wrote:

Does anybody know the specifics of what causes this problem, and does it
mean that my adapter has pemanent hardware damage?

I would have thought it more likely to be a monitor problem.
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.
Old September 18th 03, 11:15 PM
Ben Pope

John Schutkeker wrote:
My video adapter has developed a headache, but one that's not so bad that
I can't live with it. It's an ATI Rage Pro Turbo 2x that's about three
years old, and it permanently distorts the view area slightly into the
hourglass shape. None of the normal changes I can make to the settings
will fix it, either on the monitor buttons or in the driver software.

Does anybody know the specifics of what causes this problem, and does it
mean that my adapter has pemanent hardware damage?

Sounds like pincushion or barrel distortion.

I have an adjustment on my monitor - and it's quite common for there to be a
pincushion adjustment - maybe hidden away on the back?

Ben