Upgrading from e7500 to I5

Old June 14th 12, 04:00 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
PcGAmeR22[_58_]

Default Upgrading from e7500 to I5

Hello folks
I intend to upgrade my overall pc performance to match my gtx 460
the bottleneck is cutting my 460 is half
this is my current rig
Gtx 460 evga 1 gb superclocked
Intel core 2 duo e7500 2.93 ghz
1X1 gb ddr2 ram
Ocz 700 watt psu
biostar lga 775 motherboard
I tried running battle field 3 on max settings and it was choppy as hell

so i turned them to high instead of ultra , im getting 30-50 fps on
1920x1080
but when i turn the gun around or enter a new room or an opened street
the game freezes for a minute and fps slowly climb up back to 30-50 , I
believe my ram is causing this
will upgrading to 3 gigs of ram instead of 2 allow me to run the game
without any problems on high settings with my current cpu
and will and i5 + 4 gigs of ddr3 ram allow me to play it on ultra

Old June 20th 12, 02:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
rb[_59_]

Additional 1GB of memory won't make a difference.

Upgrading to an i5 3570k with 4G DDR3 1600 memory will!

Old June 20th 12, 03:43 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
rb[_60_]

Btw...if your looking to save a few bucks, the i5 2500k ,or, i5
2550k(integrated graphics disabled) are good alternatives. Supports DDR3
1333 memory, and USB 2.

Old June 20th 12, 09:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
PcGAmeR22[_59_]

1 gb memory wont make a difference , disappointed face
and hopefully i5 soon

Old June 21st 12, 04:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
rb[_61_]

PcGAmeR22;1344847 Wrote:
1 gb memory wont make a difference , disappointed face
and hopefully i5 soon

I hear ya, but you'll be with an i5.

Old June 30th 12, 10:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
PcGAmeR22[_60_]

hey rb i ordered the limited edition of battle field 3 and im getting it
3 days from now
can you suggest settings i can select in order to stop the darn freezing
from happening
im pretty sure the low ram is causing the freezing cuz all i have is 3
gigs of ddr2 ram
running it on ultra is the same as running it on low believe it or not ,
the fps are slightly lower in ultra but the freezing is still going on

Old July 1st 12, 06:14 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
rb[_63_]

Since you having the issue using low settings, I'm at a loss, since your
system should be able to handle BF3.
Have you tried updating Direct X?

Old July 1st 12, 01:00 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
PcGAmeR22[_61_]

my direct x is up to date , but the game runs on d3d11 and you cant
force dx10
I tried so your basically stuck on dx11
Again the game doesnt lag or anything it just freezes when the system
memory hits its extreme , running on higher resolutions wont matter the
only thing that makes change is changing the quality settings
Im currently running these settings
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Old July 2nd 12, 04:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
rb[_64_]

This tutorial, "How to fix Battlefield 3 Crashes and freezes" might be
helpful-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjFpJH36zCo

Old July 2nd 12, 08:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
PcGAmeR22[_62_]

thanks mate i hope this solves my problems

Intel cord dual e7500 gaming and bottleneck PcGAmeR22[_19_] Overclocking 9 December 11th 11 03:03 AM
Intel cord dual e7500 gaming and bottleneck rb[_24_] Overclocking 0 December 9th 11 05:49 PM
Overclocking Intel E7500 cpu on a Asus P5Q board with PC6400 1066MHzCorsair ram Bob H[_4_] Overclocking 3 September 5th 09 03:30 PM
Upgrading Rudy General 3 October 17th 08 02:42 PM
upgrading an old pc? peter Homebuilt PC's 4 July 20th 08 01:49 PM