7N400 Pro 2 audio and video

Old October 13th 03, 07:18 PM
Phil Wolfe

Default 7N400 Pro 2 audio and video

I am having some type of driver conflicts with my Nvidia Geforce 4
MX440 card and some conflicts with my onboard sound making
background noises while attempting to play DVD's. I have the
latest bios and drivers installed. Has anyone else had these problems
and possibly found a solution.
Thanks in advance, Philip Wolfe

Old October 14th 03, 02:43 AM
Toke Lahti

Phil Wolfe wrote:
I am having some type of driver conflicts with my Nvidia Geforce 4
MX440 card and some conflicts with my onboard sound making
background noises while attempting to play DVD's. I have the
latest bios and drivers installed. Has anyone else had these problems
and possibly found a solution.
Thanks in advance, Philip Wolfe

My solution for audio stuttering so far has been: no nvidia drivers at
all.

--
___ / ` . Selkämerenkatu 18 A 11
_ _/______ | ` ` . ten.epa FIN-00180 Helsinki Finl

Old October 27th 03, 06:54 PM
Fred

Hi.

When I built my system, I had background noise until I applied all the
patches for MS XP, one of which was a sound driver to correct that noise.

Old October 28th 03, 03:48 PM
Phil Wolfe

I am running Windows 98SE and I am still struggling with the audio
and video. I have tried all sorts of patches and drivers and a couple
of fresh installs. I have even replaced the power supply. I also
can't get Norton Antivirus to complete a scan of my computer, it
seems to come up with multiple errors. I appreciatte all the responses and I
will continue to battle with this board until I get
it right and will let everyone know what finally works.
Thanks for all the input, Philip Wolfe

Old October 30th 03, 12:24 PM
Phil Wolfe

Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a shot, I have nothing to lose at this
point.
Philip Wolfe

Hammer Toe wrote:

"Phil Wolfe" wrote in message
I am having some type of driver conflicts with my Nvidia Geforce 4
MX440 card and some conflicts with my onboard sound making
background noises while attempting to play DVD's. I have the
latest bios and drivers installed. Has anyone else had these problems
and possibly found a solution.
Thanks in advance, Philip Wolfe

I'm not sure if what I have to say will be of any help because I'm
running WinXP Pro on the above board BUT *I* had problems with audio
also.

Immediately after I installed XP, audio was fine BUT after I installed
the supplied nForce2 chipset drivers that came with the MB supplied CD
("nVIDIA nFrorce2 Series Utilities CD v1.11"), I had a background
noise/'whistle' CONSTANTLY coming from my speakers.

I WAS able to isolate this problem to the REALTEK audio drivers that
were installed from the supplied CD and SOLVE it by manually updating
the driver using the XP driver supplied in the above CD's
AUDIO\NV_AUDIO\XP_2K folder.

Bottom line:

I think there is an error (at least in the case of WinXP) in the
installation script(s) that install the audio drivers.

Maybe, just MAYBE, there may be a corresponding error affecting your
OS as well???

Have you tried installing/upgrading with the AUDIO\NV_AUDIO\9X folder
set?

Old October 31st 03, 03:55 PM
Phil Wolfe

Thanks Hammer Toe, That seems to have done the trick, I was even able to get Norton
antivirus to complete a scan of my system
after the manual install. There must be an error in the installation
script for win98 as well.
Philip Wolfe