Fan connections on a P4C800-E deluxe and Antec Sonata case

Old February 5th 05, 03:38 PM
Ralph2

Default Fan connections on a P4C800-E deluxe and Antec Sonata case

Hello
On my MB (P4C800-E) there are 3 fan sensor connectors (labeled PWR-FAN
CPU-FAN and CHA-FAN). From my power supply I have "ONE" sensor
connection (labeled PSU FAN MONITOR CONNECTOR)
Originally I connected this to the PWR-FAN connector but when I
monitor my fans I find the Chassis fan stopped..(it is not) So perhaps
I am on the wrong connector and should have it go to the CHA-FAN.
Anyone have any experience with this setup that could advise me on
which way to connect?
(at the risk of getting yet more spam) feel free to contact me
directly at et (remove the org)
Appreciate your time, Thank you

Old February 5th 05, 11:18 PM
Rich Elgin

Ralph2,
Any fan plugged into any of these connectors need to have a fan with THREE
wires (Red & Black = Power, Yellow = Tach Pulse).
The CPU-Fan for Processor, the Pwr-Fan for power supply, and the Cha-Fan for
Chassis fan.
My power supply doesn't have an external plug for the power supply fan so I
use one of my rear chassis fans on the Pwr-Fan connector.
The key is that you need fans that have tach pulses on the third pin (Yellow
wire) for the sensors to work.
Rich