7800gtx

Old January 4th 06, 02:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default 7800gtx

"Benjamin Gawert"
snip

Wish u a non snowy day.

Thanks, but sadly it's currently snowing again :-(

Benjamin

Watch the roof man, you don't want it getting too heavy up there.... like in
that skating rink.
McG.

Old January 4th 06, 11:39 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default 7800gtx.Games

especially if you are aware that gfx isn't
everything and that gameplay is much more important...

That's exactly wat i feel. If gfx was the only thing which was
important the world would'nt have seen games like Maxpayne2(God, i jus'
love it , i lost my breath when i saw the climax of the game.*by the
way did u play it? In case u did'nt play it, jus' go out right now and
buy it. It's worth anything!!*)

We do different things on them, mostly it's doing CFD (Computational
Fluid Dynamics, which means calculating and simulating the flow of
liquids/gasses over surfaces and the resulting effects; we need it for
aerospace purposes)...

Rlly cool!!
can u beat the NASA at this?

You can't believe how I envy you ;-) Snow is great for most tourists we
have here because they come here for skying and such for a few days and
then go back wherever they live with less or even no snow. But if you
have to live there you usually get fed up very fast with the white cure...

yeah i know, it's the same with any type of conditions, but if you live
in a tropical country
you often get your ass burnt whenever you are outside. That too near
the coastal regions
you sweat a lot even when its not hot.

Yuo, but still play around with it (one of the great things in GTA is
that even if you finished the gameplay itself you still can do things in
the environment). Actually I'm playing GTA VC again...

same here, i've finished Vc twice and still i like it.

No, I never installed it. IMHO it's nothing that adds to much to the
game fun, at least for me...

yeah, its good the way it is.

Well, besides GTA I also liked Deus Ex, Vampires-Masquerade, the Thief
series (well, Thief 2 and 3 more, didn't like Thief 1 that much),
Drakan, and also HL2...

yah even i like the thief series.

I found Doom3 rather boring, with very low motivation to finish it, and
I got even more bored by the addon "Ressurection of Evil"...

Well, i played it jus' b'cause, it freaked me out the first time played
it, and no other game has ever done that, so i found it challenging.
But,i did'nt go for the ROE, b'cause doom3 was rlly dark all the times
(which i did'nt like much).

you know something, i've really liked replying to you rather than
anyone else in the 'groups'. I find you interesting than anyone else.

I've seen you replying too much for 64-bit queries and the wrong
perception ppl hav abt it. I guess u've rlly got bugged up by them.

have a nice day,
(and do try maxpayne2 if you had'nt)
bye.

Old January 4th 06, 01:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

benjamin schrieb:

especially if you are aware that gfx isn't
everything and that gameplay is much more important...

That's exactly wat i feel. If gfx was the only thing which was
important the world would'nt have seen games like Maxpayne2(God, i jus'
love it , i lost my breath when i saw the climax of the game.*by the
way did u play it? In case u did'nt play it, jus' go out right now and
buy it. It's worth anything!!*)

I played MP2 when it came out. It's not one of my favourites but I
really enjoyed it. But I liked the first MP more...

We do different things on them, mostly it's doing CFD (Computational
Fluid Dynamics, which means calculating and simulating the flow of
liquids/gasses over surfaces and the resulting effects; we need it for
aerospace purposes)...

Rlly cool!!
can u beat the NASA at this?

I doubt it. The NASA usually uses a few really huge supercomputers with
thounsands of cpus while we have several smaller ones with 128 cpus ea.

yeah i know, it's the same with any type of conditions, but if you live
in a tropical country
you often get your ass burnt whenever you are outside. That too near
the coastal regions
you sweat a lot even when its not hot.

Do you have a humid climate? I'm quite often in South California. It's
very hot there, too, but it's not as humid as in Germany so even higher
degrees are more comfortable to me than lower temperatures in Germany...

I found Doom3 rather boring, with very low motivation to finish it, and
I got even more bored by the addon "Ressurection of Evil"...

Well, i played it jus' b'cause, it freaked me out the first time played
it, and no other game has ever done that, so i found it challenging.

I was freaked two or three times but then it just got repetitive, and I
know that when I'm walking behind this next corner then there for sure
is another monster...

Have you seen the Doom movie? Wasn't _that_ bad, but certainly no
highlight, either. I wonder why The Rock participated in such a movie...

But,i did'nt go for the ROE, b'cause doom3 was rlly dark all the times
(which i did'nt like much).

Yeah, the darkness really sucked. What for a game does have a modern gfx
engine when everything is still dark? ;-)

you know something, i've really liked replying to you rather than
anyone else in the 'groups'. I find you interesting than anyone else.

I've seen you replying too much for 64-bit queries and the wrong
perception ppl hav abt it. I guess u've rlly got bugged up by them.

Nope, I don't get fed up, and if a thread goes in a way that I don't
like I just leave it. But the real problem is the computer press which
often makes false statements and claims and thus causes expectations in
peoples that make them go out and buy new products but then being
disappointed by the results. So I thought I perhaps can prevent a few
people to make these experience with Winxp x64...

Kind Regards

Benjamin
Old January 4th 06, 01:28 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

McGrandpa schrieb:

Wish u a non snowy day.

Thanks, but sadly it's currently snowing again :-(

Benjamin

Watch the roof man, you don't want it getting too heavy up there.... like in
that skating rink.

Luckily the roof is quite peaked so the snow load isn't that bad (on the
roof, but then we have this terrible white **** all around the house)...

Benjamin
Old January 4th 06, 02:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

What happened at the End of Max Payne 2 ???

I fell a sleep while playing it. Never did finish it.

Old January 4th 06, 04:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Alyssa wrote:
What happened at the End of Max Payne 2 ???

I fell a sleep while playing it. Never did finish it.

You're probably jokin' man. It is actually good. But jus' for the sake
of answering i'm tellin' u.Vladamir lem shoots Mona and kills Alfred
woden. Mona is dead after a while and all the charaters in the game are
dead and miraculously maxpayne survives.*there is an alternate end to
the game if u use cheats, in which Mona and maxpayne survive*, which
means the Max payne3 will have a brand new story, with brand new
characters.(At the end of the game it says that"maxpayne's journey
through the night will continue" which means that maxpayne3 WILL be
released)

Old January 4th 06, 05:02 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

I played MP2 when it came out. It's not one of my favourites but I
really enjoyed it. But I liked the first MP more...

Yes, i liked MP b'cause, there was an extra bit of emotion in that game
and you are always alone, with nothing to lose, i liked that part of
it.i finished that game in 10 hrs. while in MP2 there's some loss of
logic where Mona survives with the bullet in the head! i finished the
game in 7 hrs. (it's always easier to complete a maxpayne game, that's
wat i don't like abt it) (I've always held the game high *u can see the
URL of my email to verify*)

[...]

Yeah, i live 5 km away from the coastal strip (that saved us from the
Tsunami).
It is very humid. ppl from the north India or elsewhere find it rlly
uncomfortable even when they are used to hot climate.you get sulky,
just when you roam around.

I'm quite often in South California

I wonder wat u do in California....(u don't have to tell if u don't
want to...)

I was freaked two or three times but then it just got repetitive, and I
know that when I'm walking behind this next corner then there for sure
is another monster...

same here.

Have you seen the Doom movie? Wasn't _that_ bad, but certainly no
highlight, either. I wonder why The Rock participated in such a movie...

nope, I have seen the trailer, but unfortunately most of the movies
take time to release in India, i might watch it if it releases in
India. But i usually like movies which are more related to the real
world( i like classics like Gladiator, A beautiful mind..etc., which
makes Rusell crowe my favourite actor.) But i also watch fiction movies
once in a while.My latest was King kong- it was an average movie.

I don't rlly think Rock is cool (cause i watched his sucking " The
scorpion king"). May be he jus' participated to get back to the
screens.

Yeah, the darkness really sucked. What for a game does have a modern gfx
engine when everything is still dark? ;-)

you know something, i've really liked replying to you rather than
anyone else in the 'groups'. I find you interesting than anyone else.

I've seen you replying too much for 64-bit queries and the wrong
perception ppl hav abt it. I guess u've rlly got bugged up by them.

Nope, I don't get fed up, and if a thread goes in a way that I don't
like I just leave it. But the real problem is the computer press which
often makes false statements and claims and thus causes expectations in
peoples that make them go out and buy new products but then being
disappointed by the results. So I thought I perhaps can prevent a few
people to make these experience with Winxp x64...

Yo dude, hats off for u!

The thing u talked abt the press is exactly true. I rlly got hooked up
with 64 bit when i read an article abt 64-bit processing in one of the
tech mags here. It said that 64-bit provides UNLIMITED possibilities
when it comes to the gaming, which was what i posted here.Any way i
come under the few ppl you talked abt.

But the same mag gave an article that the PS3 is the world's 87th
fastest supercomputer and it is twice faster than the Xbox360 and 35
times faster than the PS2! Is that true?

Do you like cars(I jus' love them..) wat kind of car do u own? I guess
u might not be able to use ordinary cars out there. A one with the
sleds might help i guess!!

Kind Regards

thanks, and have a great day.

Old January 4th 06, 06:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

rAgAv schrieb:

Yes, i liked MP b'cause, there was an extra bit of emotion in that game
and you are always alone, with nothing to lose, i liked that part of
it.i finished that game in 10 hrs.

Yes, the lonely part was indeed what added a lot to the gameplay, as did
the (quite simple but nevertheless very immersive) story. Very well done...

while in MP2 there's some loss of
logic where Mona survives with the bullet in the head! i finished the
game in 7 hrs. (it's always easier to complete a maxpayne game, that's
wat i don't like abt it) (I've always held the game high *u can see the
URL of my email to verify*)

Nice email ;-) I have to agree, MP2 was a bit strange, I never couldn't
get a real connection to the first game (except that the main character
is the same). Of course I know that it was connected to the first game,
but it somehow felt like a different game from which the main charakter
just happens to have the name Max Payne ;-)

Do you have a humid climate? I'm quite often in South California. It's
very hot there, too, but it's not as humid as in Germany so even higher
degrees are more comfortable to me than lower temperatures in Germany...

Yeah, i live 5 km away from the coastal strip (that saved us from the
Tsunami).
It is very humid. ppl from the north India or elsewhere find it rlly
uncomfortable even when they are used to hot climate.you get sulky,
just when you roam around.

Wow, I think even for people who live there it sometimes is
uncomfortable, isn't it?

I'm quite often in South California

I wonder wat u do in California....(u don't have to tell if u don't
want to...)

It's mainly for job reasons, but I haven't seen much as we usually are
down south in the desert ;-)

Have you seen the Doom movie? Wasn't _that_ bad, but certainly no
highlight, either. I wonder why The Rock participated in such a movie...

nope, I have seen the trailer, but unfortunately most of the movies
take time to release in India, i might watch it if it releases in
India.

I'd recommend to watch it if it doesn't cost you anything, otherwise you
probably would just waste money... ;-)

IMHO it's a nice if you see it on TV one day but I'd not spend any money
to see it...

But i usually like movies which are more related to the real
world( i like classics like Gladiator, A beautiful mind..etc., which
makes Rusell crowe my favourite actor.) But i also watch fiction movies
once in a while.My latest was King kong- it was an average movie.

Yeah, King Kong wasn't really great. They made a slapstick comedy out of
it. I didn't like the game either (tried the demo but found it boring)...

I don't rlly think Rock is cool (cause i watched his sucking " The
scorpion king"). May be he jus' participated to get back to the
screens.

Probably. The only really good movie with him IMHO was "Welcome to the
Jungle". Otherwise I found him average at best, and "Scorpion King" was
boring for me, too.

Nope, I don't get fed up, and if a thread goes in a way that I don't
like I just leave it. But the real problem is the computer press which
often makes false statements and claims and thus causes expectations in
peoples that make them go out and buy new products but then being
disappointed by the results. So I thought I perhaps can prevent a few
people to make these experience with Winxp x64...

Yo dude, hats off for u!

The thing u talked abt the press is exactly true. I rlly got hooked up
with 64 bit when i read an article abt 64-bit processing in one of the
tech mags here. It said that 64-bit provides UNLIMITED possibilities
when it comes to the gaming, which was what i posted here.Any way i
come under the few ppl you talked abt.

Well, media. We have a bunch of computer magazines here from which only
_one_ provides useful informations. The other ones just publish crap and
nasty marketing terms they get from the companies that pay for the ads
in the magazine...

But the same mag gave an article that the PS3 is the world's 87th
fastest supercomputer and it is twice faster than the Xbox360 and 35
times faster than the PS2! Is that true?

I really doubt that. Remeber that the PS2 (and even the XBox!) already
were "supercomputers" when it came out? It just depends on the
definition. The truth is that consoles are really fast, they have
hardware that's heavily optimized for a few certain functions (usually
gfx calculations with single precision) which the usually do really
fast. If you now benchmark the execution speed of these few functions
you get impressive results, and the marketing is using that. Real
supercomputers on the other side are much more flexible, they are fast
not only for a handful functions but for a lot of functions, and they
are fast when using double precision numbers. Of course the Sony
marketing just "forgets" about these little details...

I remember that every new console was said to be that much faster than
any high end computer, but not _one_ of them ever filled the promises
and marketing hypes. And I really doubt that this will happen in the
future, especially with the low margins on hardware sales and when
looking at the price a console must sell at so that people buy them..

Do you like cars(I jus' love them..)

Yes, I like cars. Not all of them, though... ;-)

wat kind of car do u own? I guess
u might not be able to use ordinary cars out there. A one with the
sleds might help i guess!!

Not quite, here in Bavaria an AWD car usually does it well. My car (Audi
V8 4.2 quattro) is quite old, but it still runs great and I just don't
feel the need to replace it with anything newer.

Kind Regards from Germany

Benjamin
Old January 5th 06, 11:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Yes, i liked MP b'cause, there was an extra bit of emotion in that game
and you are always alone, with nothing to lose, i liked that part of
it.i finished that game in 10 hrs.

Yes, the lonely part was indeed what added a lot to the gameplay, as did
the (quite simple but nevertheless very immersive) story. Very well done...

And for the music, both the games are really good.
especially the 'late goodbye" song from POTF(poets of the fall)

Nice email ;-) I have to agree, MP2 was a bit strange, I never couldn't
get a real connection to the first game (except that the main character
is the same). Of course I know that it was connected to the first game,
but it somehow felt like a different game from which the main charakter
just happens to have the name Max Payne ;-)

yeah i think, it's because MP2 uses a different gfx engine.And also MP2
is much more advanced than the MP where Mp always has his mouth twisted
in a smile!

Do you have a humid climate? I'm quite often in South California. It's
very hot there, too, but it's not as humid as in Germany so even higher
degrees are more comfortable to me than lower temperatures in Germany...

Yeah, i live 5 km away from the coastal strip (that saved us from the
Tsunami).
It is very humid. ppl from the north India or elsewhere find it rlly
uncomfortable even when they are used to hot climate.you get sulky,
just when you roam around.

Wow, I think even for people who live there it sometimes is
uncomfortable, isn't it?

A lot, especially in the summer seasons. But when it comes to rainy
days, i just love them.The season and the whole atmosphere becomes
lovely.(This season was an exception, because, almost 350000 had to
evacuate (or) lost their homes due to heavy rains and flooding.sad
thing, but the good thing was nothing happened to our house because we
live in an apartments in the 45th floor.)

It's mainly for job reasons, but I haven't seen much as we usually are
down south in the desert ;-)

Do you travel much? I've always adored travelling. But i have'nt gone
beyond India.

I'd recommend to watch it if it doesn't cost you anything, otherwise you
probably would just waste money... ;-)
IMHO it's a nice if you see it on TV one day but I'd not spend any money
to see it...

Money is'nt a problem, but time is.I do not usually get time to engage
myself in entertainment. The only thing i do for entertainment is
listen to music(1 hr/week)
and reply to interesting messages at the groups(30mins/day).You might
understand what i'm talking about, if you had a slight idea about
indian education(It is simply brutal and ruthless, considering the
competition(at least 5 million students competing for 25 seats at one
of the reputed institutions here(IIT-Indian institute of technology) It
is also the world's second best technology institution(after the
Massachusetts..)
that is where my father is intended to get me in.

But i usually like movies which are more related to the real
world( i like classics like Gladiator, A beautiful mind..etc., which
makes Rusell crowe my favourite actor.) But i also watch fiction movies
once in a while.My latest was King kong- it was an average movie.

Yeah, King Kong wasn't really great. They made a slapstick comedy out of
it. I didn't like the game either (tried the demo but found it boring)...

I usually do not like games which release just after the movie release.
It seems to me that they come out just for the sake of the publicity.
they are not actually famous for their content.

I don't rlly think Rock is cool (cause i watched his sucking " The
scorpion king"). May be he jus' participated to get back to the
screens.

Probably. The only really good movie with him IMHO was "Welcome to the
Jungle". Otherwise I found him average at best, and "Scorpion King" was
boring for me, too.

"Welcome to the jungle" was pretty good.

Well, media. We have a bunch of computer magazines here from which only
_one_ provides useful informations. The other ones just publish crap and
nasty marketing terms they get from the companies that pay for the ads
in the magazine...

Well, i must be glad that here it is not the same. All the
magazines_report_ stuff, but do not actually critisize or praise a
product too much(64-computing an exception...)

[...]

I think that computers rule because of their ability to serve to
multiple tasks, which consoles do not do. I feel gaming is good in
computers than consoles because of the ability to move the crosshair
with a mouse which is rather much easier than the joystick.I feel
joysticks uncomfortable in case of fps and third person shooter games,
while they are good when it comes to racing games.

You told me that the NASA uses thousands of cpus and you use only 128
cpus, But does that make any difference? it just speeds up the
calculations but i feel that the correct path of the research might be
an advantage for the place you work.

good luck. bye