NVIDIA Geforce card not even come with proper Drivers oninstallation DVD

Old January 9th 16, 04:26 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default NVIDIA Geforce card not even come with proper Drivers oninstallation DVD

LOL! How stupid this can be! I just bought and installed Geforce card and put
installation DVD and I could not properly installed the drivers. The drivers was missing! I bought many graphic cards before, this is first time this happened.
What are in the installation DVD? Over 900MB useless informations and contained
no drivers at all. How stupid NVIDIA can be! I have had to download over 210MB size drives!

NVIDIA made dumb mistake. They should add drivers on installation DVD not forcing
user to go into online for force downloading!!!!!

Old January 9th 16, 12:04 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

wrote:
LOL! How stupid this can be! I just bought and installed Geforce card and put
installation DVD and I could not properly installed the drivers. The drivers was missing! I bought many graphic cards before, this is first time this happened.
What are in the installation DVD? Over 900MB useless informations and contained
no drivers at all. How stupid NVIDIA can be! I have had to download over 210MB size drives!

NVIDIA made dumb mistake. They should add drivers on installation DVD not forcing
user to go into online for force downloading!!!!!

NVidia is the source of the drivers certainly.

But the video card manufacturer prepares their own
optical discs. And it is up to the manufacturer to
package the materials properly.

And for you as a user, it's also important for you
to select video cards, that actually have drivers
for that OS version.

Say for example, on Ebay I see an FX5200 AGP card
for sale "New in box". Now, I am cursing at NVidia
because "I have no Windows 10 driver". Well, of course
not. Support for FX5200 was dropped slightly before
Windows 8 timeframe. If you check the NVidia downloads
site, you can use their search engine, to roughly figure
out what OSes are supported. And by using the driver
download page, just for its search capability, you
can figure out in advance that the FX5200 would be
a *useless* purchase for a Windows 10 build.

So there are sound reasons, why an older card
"New in box", may not have the drivers you were
expecting. I've got a card here, that probably
sat in a box for five years, before I bought it.
And naturally, it doesn't have a Windows 10 driver.
But it still functions just fine on older
OSes. I'm typing this message using that card...

And before giving up on the DVD, use the Explore
function in Windows to drill down through the DVD,
and see if a couple hundred megabyte driver file
is present on there. Do an inventory of the DVD
before giving up on it. There might be a file
which you can install directly, an EXE, whereas
the setup.exe at the top level is malfunctioning.

Paul
Old January 9th 16, 11:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

On Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 9:18:03 PM UTC+5:30, s|b wrote:
On Fri, 8 Jan 2016 20:26:28 -0800 (PST), wrote:

LOL! How stupid this can be! I just bought and installed Geforce card and put
installation DVD and I could not properly installed the drivers. The drivers was missing! I bought many graphic cards before, this is first time this happened.
What are in the installation DVD? Over 900MB useless informations and contained
no drivers at all. How stupid NVIDIA can be! I have had to download over 210MB size drives!

Over two hundred and ten megabytes? I have the most basic Internet
subscription and my provider offers me 10.240 MiB/month. 210/10.240 is
about 2%.

NVIDIA made dumb mistake. They should add drivers on installation DVD not forcing
user to go into online for force downloading!!!!!

By downloading them online, you have the most recent drivers. I'd think
that's a good thing. (?) Installing outdated drivers from a DVD and then
go online to update them, well, that would be a bit silly.

--
s|b

Not much different from old driver to update new driver. Most user think there is big different but is not, cuz the real drivers that work both old and new version is same. As far as performance is concerned, nothing improved from old driver to new driver. This is just hassle whenever I would be recommended to upgrade.

I never update any driver...