Epson printers are electronic theieves

Old October 12th 05, 09:15 PM

On 10/12/2005 12:11:37 measekite wrote:

Old October 12th 05, 09:45 PM

On 10/12/2005 12:11:37 measekite wrote:

Old October 12th 05, 10:59 PM

On 10/12/2005 12:11:37 measekite wrote:

Old October 13th 05, 12:35 AM

On 10/12/2005 12:11:37 measekite wrote:

--------------060306040308030901020600

*D**A BULL**** XCHANGE*

--------------060306040308030901020600--

Using MIME in a newsgroup is the true meaning of bull**** exchange.

I an the true meaning of sewerage.
Frank

AND **** TOO

I only lurk here but I tend to agree with others assessment of you. I
see that every time someone post something you will go in and change
their post. What is that all about. Are you too limited that you can't
come up your own original posting. Or else you post in all caps
something that is totally meaningless and very obnoxious.
Don't bother to answer me cause I am going to take others advice and
kill file you. I just found out how to do that. I have had enough of
your no help answers and useless waste of my bandwidth.
jon
Old October 13th 05, 01:44 AM
Frank

Jon wrote:
measekite wrote:

Frank wrote:

Wayne Sewell wrote:

[...]

Good idea. Everyone should kill file his stupid ass then he can only
talk to himself.
Frank
Old October 13th 05, 02:00 AM
measekite

Frank wrote:

Jon wrote:

measekite wrote:

Frank wrote:

Wayne Sewell wrote:

[...]

Good idea. Everyone should kill file my stupid ass then I can only
talk to me.
Frank

Old October 13th 05, 10:43 AM
Arthur Entlich

Yellow tends to run out first on the tri, by a small amount. SOme
manufacturers have addressed this by supplying a slightly larger yellow
tank (HP does this on some printers), in fact, they have a series of
individual color cartridges where the yellow, light cyan and light
magenta have about double the volume of the deep magenta and cyan.

With five color plus black or more colors individual cartridges probably
make sense, since the light magenta and cyan are typically used at about
twice the volume of the other colors. But with the tri-set (CMY) it is
less clear.

Again it has to do with the amount of ink lost in the initial purge
cycle when a new cartridge is installed. If you have individual color
cartridges, then each time a new one is installed, all cartridges suffer
the installation ink removal, so any one cartridge can suffer through
2-3 even 4 initial purges during it's life and that wastes a lot of ink.

Art

Davy wrote:

[[quote:e25894e1c3]quote="Arthur Entlich"]Studies have shown that the
subject matter printed by a home printer
averages out to within about 10% of all colors used equally (of CMY),
so
the waste is minimal in the vast majority of cases.
[/quote:e25894e1c3]

I was looking at what looks like a practical point of view, all ink is
used to some extent, the way I see it is if you printed a fair amount
of yellow then the other colours are gonna outlast the yellow.

In 'this' case the yellow is gonna run out well before the others,
with a combi-tank as I call them, it really does depend on what the
'user' decides to print.

This could leave another question with combi's, are all the ink
level's the same on a new tank..???? would this mean some colours
like yellow would be used as a 'mixer', meaning to say more yellow is
supplied - splitting hairs here I guess when this ain't really the OP
issue.

Note: I was using say the tri-coloured tank for ref. whats is the
main advantage of a multi coloured tank..sure does seem to have more
dis-advantages compared to 'seperates'.

Davy

Old October 13th 05, 01:33 PM

In message 1%p3f.172021$1i.139388@pd7tw2no, Arthur Entlich
writes
Again it has to do with the amount of ink lost in the initial purge
cycle when a new cartridge is installed. If you have individual color
cartridges, then each time a new one is installed, all cartridges
suffer the installation ink removal, so any one cartridge can suffer
through 2-3 even 4 initial purges during it's life and that wastes a
lot of ink.

Is this always the case? eg: If you replace the C could it not just
prep/purge the C part of the print head?

--
Timothy
Old October 13th 05, 02:05 PM
Bob Headrick

"Arthur Entlich" wrote in message
Again it has to do with the amount of ink lost in the initial purge cycle
when a new cartridge is installed. If you have individual color cartridges,
then each time a new one is installed, all cartridges suffer the installation
ink removal, so any one cartridge can suffer through 2-3 even 4 initial
purges during it's life and that wastes a lot of ink.

This is true for most manufacturers. The new HP Photosmart 3300 series
Al-in-one and the Photosmart 8250 uses a recirculation system. Rather than
purging ink into a large "diaper" in the printer they recirculate the ink uses
for purges back into the supply. Depending on the frequency of printing this
can be a large difference in efficiency. Besides the purging that occurs at
ink supply replacement there are also typically time based and usage based
purge events that may do a smaller purge every few days. Recirculating this
ink rather than pumping it into a diaper can make a large difference in actual
cost per page of printing.

Regards,

Old October 13th 05, 04:06 PM
Wayne Sewell

On 10/12/2005 20:00:08 measekite wrote:

Frank wrote:

Jon wrote:

measekite wrote:

Frank wrote:

Wayne Sewell wrote:

[...]

In all my years on usenet, I think this is the first time I have ever seen
someone edit text quoted from another poster. That's low, even for usenet. Of
course, I don't read anything but comp.os.vms. It may be more common in the
anarchy of the alt groups.

original text: