Epson printers are electronic theieves

Old October 14th 05, 11:19 AM
zakezuke

Like I was suprised with Epson.... a company you can not call 'good'.

My experence with them wasn't great, but it wasn't all that bad either.
I got my r200 replaced but I had to go through a 3rd party service
center. Took a week for them to decide to get me another one, but
that's not epson's fault. I got a referb from Epson through the
service center. What what I was told the warranty period did not
change. As in I bought my Printer late december and it'll be covered
till late December. IIRC the refer carries a warranty of 30days... as
in if my printer fails in december and I get a replacement, the
warranty is good till january. But needless to say I'd have a hard
time considering a base model epson again, but to be fair printer
quality has gone down the tubes.

But there have got to be resources open to you, like your region's
equilivent to small claims court. It's well documented the warranty
period and if they are not honoring it, well file a claim.

Old October 14th 05, 12:33 PM
Davy

quote="Dr. Dweeb The Dixons guy said it was 3
mth warranty on repairs. I hope it keeps going forever and I never

need to
find out the real story :-)

Well Dixons, I think they use Mastercare here in the UK

Davy

Old October 14th 05, 01:35 PM
Davy

quote="zakezuke But needless to say I'd have a hard
time considering a base model epson again, but to be fair printer
quality has gone down the tubes.

I take it that means the 'nozzles'..!

I am not complaining about the print quality but the 'reliability' and
the ink wastage due to clogging etc.

Well, the Canon I was ever so doubtful because I thought finer nozzles
= more clogs - how wrong I was,..! I'd had a belly full with the
Epson - I would understand if I had been using non OEM inks I would
not have argued.

The first one clogged on the 2nd day, the replacement sometime later
clogged on the 4th day of replacement....! The Canon well over 4
months now has NEVER clogged nor wanted a manual nozzle clean and its
a far more economical printer than the Epson, at least with the Canon
I can print and forget, I don't have to check each print like I did
with the Epson, even printing a text doc. could not be reliable.

I would have tried filing a claim IF they had returned the documents
which THEY conveniently lost....!

Davy

Old October 14th 05, 02:54 PM
Marky

"Davy" wrote in message
Markywrote:

quote="Marky"
That is nonsense...at least in NA...if we exhanged a printer during

the
warranty they unit sent out gets the remainder of the one year

warranty...

Sorry, stand by my guns here.

The printer went faulty I was given a exchanged unit in a brown box
with Epson security labels minus the inks, that would be a factory
referbished unit as I seem to understand from this NG.

When the replacement went faulty with OEM inks, I telephoned Epson UK
and they told me that the gaurantee is not transferable and that
there was no gaurantee on the replacement....!

At the time I ought to have gone straight to trading standards...!

They would not give me a reference number so that I could take it to
the local Epson Agent - This is fact not fiction Marky.

At the time I wanted to complain above and beyond Epson UK, they would
or could not provide any contact details to do this.

I repeat-:
The gaurantee on the original printer could not be transfered over to
the replacement printer, nor would they give a warrenty on it...!

I was lumbered with crap printers from a crap company.

Davy

That is strange, but I guess things really are different outside of NA...I
know for a fact though that a one year warranty here means one year...

You should have taken them up on that one year thingy...I definitely would
have...

Old October 14th 05, 03:29 PM
zakezuke

I would have tried filing a claim IF they had returned the documents
which THEY conveniently lost....!

Always make a copy first. Offer them the copy, if they don't take it
offer the original. Still there has to be some record that you
purchaced it. Bank card, check, that sort of thing. Mailorder is most
dandy as you can access your order history, and print off a new copy on
demand, in fact the folks I bought my canon from don't give paper
rescripts at all.

I have to admit, I did prefer the canon return policy to the epson one.
I was given the choice to take it to an authorized repair center or
get an advanced replacement. No paperwork required. The only thing I
didn't get from canon was free ink like I did with the Epson, nor did I
get a head with my replacement.

I feel for you... I consider my r200 to be a somewhat wasted
investment. While under warranty for a year... I don't see it lasting
beyond a year. But given the cost of the printer was $100 and the ink
costs $70 in all fairness I only lost $30. And that $30 got me a cd
tray which I was able to trim to canon specifications.

Old October 14th 05, 06:35 PM
Davy

quote="zakezuke
Always make a copy first.

"But it's suppose to be a respectable company..."!

I thought I was dealing with a respectable company and I thought
nothing of the warrenty until I got home, when I phoned up, well I
need not explain...!

Yes indeed you just can not trust what suppose to be a respectable
company,.

Epson appears to have one policy for one country and another for
somewhere else from what can be learned in this NG.

Davy

Old October 15th 05, 12:02 AM
Davy

measekitewrote:
quote="measekite"]Marky in da business wrote:

"Davy" wrote in

message

Markywrote:

[...]

Fat lot of info there....!

Old October 15th 05, 12:59 AM
zakezuke

quote="zakezuke
Always make a copy first.

"But it's suppose to be a respectable company..."!

Did Epson lose your paperwork or was it some repair depot? It doesn't
matter as you should always make a copy before giving up your
paperwork. Some joker might lose it.

Epson appears to have one policy for one country and another for
somewhere else from what can be learned in this NG.

My experence was going through a service center, not Epson directly.
The service center wanted an original so they could make a copy from
their printer so it would fax more clearly. Basicly Epson pays these
people 1hr of labor to deal with it, which isn't a bad deal when all
they need to do is look at it, either replace the diaper or say it's
broken.

Different countries have different consumer laws.

Old October 15th 05, 10:34 AM
Davy

quote="zakezukee]
Did Epson lose your paperwork or was it some repair depot?

The repair centre

It doesn't
matter as you should always make a copy before giving up your
paperwork. Some joker might lose it.

Yes I should have kept a copy and at the time I should have known
better, you bet your 'bottom dollor' I will be doing that in future.

But hang on a moment....!
The original printer was registered along with the serial number, the
replacement serial number was booked and had to be signed for -:

Therefor Epson should have all traces and records of the goods in my
view and all these was entered on the computer as well.

Its just that Epson did not want to know and I am convinced they were
'conveniently lost'.

When I say Epson is a crap company I say it for a reason, if this is
just Epson UK problem then it is clearly Epson policy on the whole as
Epson are allowing it to happen.

Davy